Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Yep, addicted

Well, I'm to the point where I get an awful headache if I don't have my daily cup(s) of coffee. Definitely addicted. Oh well, I totally saw this coming. I come from a long line of passionate coffee drinkers. Pretty sure my dad has no less than three cups a day. Perhaps I should work some half-caff blends onto my coffee shelf.

Speaking of addictions...I've started crocheting, and I'm a little obsessed. I've been at it for a week and a half and I've already made two purses and a hat. There's something incredibly satisfying about creating something useful and lovely out of nothing more than a straight piece of yarn. Also, I love having my fingers busy, especially when I'm just sitting around, listening to music or watching TV. Last night, I watched four episodes of Glee and crocheted the whole time. As soon as we're out of super-save mode (which we're in at the moment because of an upcoming big fat pet deposit and a raise in our rent...oh, and multiple recent car repairs), I'm going to go buy the dozen or so skeins of yarn needed to start an afghan. I'm looking forward to trying a big project that will take me more than two days to finish.

What else is going on in my life... Work is pretty much the same. We've hired a new cafe team member, though--yay! So I'm getting better days off. Judy was especially nice to me for this week and next--Friday and Saturday off this week, Sunday and Monday off next. That's right, four day weekend! And I actually have July 4th off--I can't believe I got it off without actually requesting it. Probably going to spend two of those days with the family in Burlington and two here in town. Definitely going to be doing lots of writing and crocheting. And some preemptive cleaning and packing, I suppose. One month until we move to North Liberty! I am unspeakably excited about our new place (especially since I hate our current apartment more and more every day)...but dreading the actual move. I hate packing, I hate unpacking....I HATE shuffling a thousand boxes from one apartment to another, in the unbearable summer heat of late July/early August. Boo.

I'm going on a little vacation with my family (sans Grant--one of his good friends is getting married that weekend and he's in the wedding party) in a few weeks. All of our Maryland family (my Dad's side) are getting together for a reunion. I'm looking forward to it. It will be interesting, since I haven't seen any of these people since I was, oh, eight or nine. I'm eager to see the state, since I don't remember anything about it. Except for the reunions we went to when I was a kid, I've never really been that far east. I'm a little sad that Jordan isn't coming along...but both of us taking five days off from work is probably a bad idea. Plus Crosby would be so depressed if we both left him for that long!

Mmk, enough blogging. Time to get ready for work...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yay! I'll be in Burlington Saturday and Sunday! I bet you'd be welcome to dinner Saturday with my parents and Sara (if you're not otherwise busy). :) I'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete