Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh hey, it's 2011

Happy new year and stuff. Hasn't been the best year so far, but I'm feeling optimistic, nonetheless.

Last week, Jordan and I found out that his parents are getting a divorce. :( I'm not in the mood to recount all the details, so I will merely say that it sucks.

Work has been all right...the week after Christmas was annoyingly busy, thanks to an endless stream of kids on Christmas vacation wanting to use their gift cards. But things have slowed down now, thankfully. And holiday hours are over! It's so nice to be back to closing Food Ave. at 9:00. In three weeks, I'll be learning sales floor...kind of nervous that I'm going to hate it. I guess if I do, I can ask to cashier until Food Ave reopens. We'll see.

I am super irritated with all this snow. It's funny to think back to only a month ago, when snow was enchanting and exciting and beautiful. Now that Christmas is over, and after having slid into a ditch during our last snow storm, I hate snow. I want it to go away and not come back for eleven months.


Is your sense of humor crude (toilet, crotch) or highbrow (sarcasm, irony)? More highbrow. But I enjoy crude humor from time to time, too.
When was the last time you built a sandcastle? I'm not sure if I've ever built one.
If you HAD to change one physical trait, what would it be? My ears.
If you HAD to change one personality trait, what would it be? My tendency to worry too much.
What is the best part of your life? I have a really great family.
Do you like the game Monopoly? No, it takes way too long. And isn't that fun.
What do you think of skater kids? Meh. I don't have much of an opinion of them, really. Mostly I just associate them with my little brother in his preteen years.
Do you, yourself, know how to skateboard? No.
You must live in a different country for one year. Where do you move? Ooh, I don't know. I would have to research different countries for hours. But probably somewhere in the United Kingdom...or Australia.
What color are your eyes? Blue or green...depends on what I'm wearing. The older I get, the more green they seem, though.
What is your living situation? (Who do you live with) I live with my husband and our dog.
Would you ever consider getting a facial piercing? No--it wouldn't look right on me.
Ever pretended to have tourettes so you could scream obscenities in public? Nope.
What was the last vegetable you ate? Potatoes.
What time did you get up his morning? I woke up at 9:00 then went back to sleep. Finally got out of bed at 11:30.
Who is your favorite teacher, and why? I don't have a single favorite teacher. My favorite teachers/professors/TAs were always the ones that were laid back and funny, but passionate about what they were teaching.
Describe your favorite article of jewelery: My engagement ring. It's a sterling silver band, four prongs, with a 3/4 carat solitaire diamond.
Are you wearing it right now? No. I don't wear it very often because of my job.
Have you ever touched a starfish? If so, was it the smooth or rough kind? I don't think so.
What kind of smiley face do you type most often? :)
Do you add extra letters on the ends of your wordsss, likeee thisss? No. And it tends to annoy me when people do.
What kind of MP3 player do you own, if any? I have an ipod, but I rarely use it.
Choose one: red, blue, or black pens? Black.
Do you prefer pens to pencils? Why? I use them both pretty equally...and I dislike both, really. When I use a pencil, the words smudge...when I use a pen, I have to scribble out mistakes.
How many pictures do you have on your MySpace/Facebook? Around 500.
Do you have a favorite letter of the alphabet? Not really.
Do you listen to grunge music? I don't have any in my usual playlist, but I do enjoy it.
Do you listen to 80's metal? Not sure much.
What about 90's pop? I like some.
What do you think of today's music? (Popular, top 40, etc.) It's pretty bad.
First and middle name of your future son and/or daughter: Currently, I like Elizabeth Pearl for a girl and William Robert for a boy.
Do you know how to use a fax machine? Yes.
How often do you order pizza? Probably once a month.
Do you have a favorite pizza chain? We usually get Pizza Hut or Papa John's.
Explain one of your scars: I was taking a meatloaf out of the oven and burnt myself because the stupid oven mitt didn't cover my wrist.
Are you happy with your hair? Meh. Somewhat. Some days I really like the length, other days, I really want to chop it off. I am happy with the color and texture, though, for the most part.
Have you ever worn leather gloves? Were they fingerless? Yes...no.
Do you think sea lions are cute? Yes.
Have you ever touched a chinchilla? I don't think so.
Have you ever been drunk? Yes.
Do you think underage drinking is irresponsible and stupid? Oftentimes, yes.
As for yourself, would you say that you're a party animal? Not at all.
Do you know the difference between 'their', 'they're', and 'there'? Of course.
Do you plan on graduating anytime soon? No.
What is your favorite online game? Um, spider solitaire. lol.
Do you like acoustic or electric guitar better? Acoustic.
When was the last time you laid out, under the stars? The last time I remember doing that was in 2006, when Jordan and I first started dating.
What are you doing tomorrow? Working 7:30-3:00...cleaning the house once I get home, then relaxing.
Current favorite song? Raindrops by Regina Spektor.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Jordan's parents. :( Hope you're both doing okay. Love you!

    ReplyDelete