Sunday, February 27, 2011

A decent day.

I love morning shifts. Yes, it really sucked to wake up at 6:30 after a mere five hours of sleep...but my shift went by super fast. And now I'm home, with a whole afternoon and evening left to enjoy. Good stuff. One week left on the sales floor...

Well, two of my former teachers have agreed to write letters of recommendation for me. Yay! I was really nervous about this, for some reason. But so far, no doors have been slammed in my face. (Two letters is enough for some of the programs I want to apply for...for the Writer's Workshop, I need three. So one more to go.) In response to my saying that I would appreciate any advice, one of these teachers asked me what specific questions I had. Hmm. To be honest, this whole process is so daunting that I don't even know what to ask. Well, no, actually I want to ask "can you tell me to which programs, exactly, I should apply? And what pieces of writing I should use for my writing sample?" But that's asking a little too much.

Heading down to Burlington tomorrow after work. It's going to be a really short trip--I'll get there around 5:00 tomorrow, and I'll be leaving by noon on Tuesday. Matt's home on spring break this week and my parents wanted me to come down so we could have a nice family supper. I wish I could stay for a couple days but I happen to be scheduled for a full forty hours this week. That almost never happens...kinda crappy timing. Oh well. It'll still be a good time--love visiting the family. :)

And now...time to decompress with music and a survey.

If you could be fluent in any language, which would it be? French, for the literature.
What (or who) would you really like to hold right now? Jordan and/or Crosby are the obvious answers, but I can hold them any time I want. So, I'm going to say a bunny.
And what would you like to let go of? The extra pounds that are chilling on my midsection.
Was your first car a hand me down or brand new? A hand me down.
Speaking of cars, how did your first drivers test go? For my permit, I had to take the test twice. For my driver's license, I aced the classroom portion and barely passed the driving portion, lol.
Sunrise or sunset: which did you see last? Sunrise.
What was the first picture of that you ever took on your mobile phone? On my current phone, the first picture was of my living room.
Did you ever collect any type of cards? (Baseball cards, etc.) No.
Do your eyes ever change color? Yes.
How many lamps are currently in this room? Two.
Do you wish that there were more lamps in this room? Nope. Both of these lamps have multiple bulbs--they're very bright.
So, what's the earliest you've woken up this week? 6:30.
And what's the latest you've stayed up? 2:00.
What commercial are you tired of seeing on TV? The stupid new Old Navy commercial with the Kim Kardashian look-alike singing a dumb song about how cute she is.
Would you rather ride a zebra or hug a gorilla? Assuming that I'd be perfectly safe doing either, I think I would rather hug a gorilla.
When you drop food, do you eat it (five second rule!) or leave it? Generally, I wouldn't eat it, but it depends on where I dropped it. And what type of food it is.
Would you consider yourself more optimistic or pessimistic? More optimistic.
Do you have any stickers or anything on your laptop? Just the ones that came with it.
When was the last time you got a haircut? Yesterday.
What is your opinion on minivans? Do you own one? I always liked my parents' minivan. I don't own one. Once we have kids, though, I wouldn't mind having one.
Where did you go to college? Or, where do/did you want to go? I went to SCC and the U of I.
Ehehehe...so umm, Republican or Democrat? Pretty moderate...but I lean more to the right.
Have you learned to love your body yet? Meh. I wouldn't say I love it, but I don't hate it.
CUZ BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORKKK....overplayed, yes? YES, terribly overplayed.
How many of the 'Rocky' movies have you seen? None.
What was the last sport you watched on TV? Basketball was on the TV at work recently, but I wasn't actually watching.
Have you ever showered with a significant other? Yes.
Do you have a friend who takes food out of your fridge and its not rude? I don't think my friends have ever taken food out of my fridge, but if they did, it wouldn't be rude.
Do you know anyone with a name that forms a word? (ex: Shanda Leer) Not that I can think of...
How did your parents meet? They met in college, I think in music classes they were taking together.
Would you rather swim in a pool or relax in a hot tub? Depends on my mood...but generally, I'd rather be in the hot tub.
Do you know your best friend's mom's name? Yes.
Your last significant other: How many family members of theirs did you meet? Almost all of them.
Tight pants on rockstars: yay or nay? Meh. Some people can pull it off, some can't.
When did you last get a sunburn and where was it? I got a little burnt in Florida last April.
Do you know any Japanese words? Nope.
Can people usually tell if you're sad? I guess. Though people do tend to think I'm sad when I'm not. I just have one of those faces--if I'm not smiling, I look upset, even when I'm totally not.
Finish the sentence: I can eat a whole bag of... Andes mints. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment