Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow day?

So...little scary outside. The drifts in our parking lot are ridiculous! Being able to watch the crazy blizzard from our warm apartment makes it kinda fun. I just wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. But I don't have to go in til 4:00...I'm sure the roads will be drivable by then.

Jordan and I ventured out for a minute or two, to do something slightly evil. We took Crosby out for his usual nightly potty break and tossed him into the snow. It was up to his little chin...he just stood there and stared at us like "you guys are the meanest parents ever." Sooo sad/cute/funny. We rescued him, of course.

Well, I did clean my kitchen earlier today...but I just made cupcakes and frosting, so it's a mess again. Oh well--worth it. I made snickerdoodle cupcakes, with cinnamon buttercream. Yum! The cake seems just a bit dry, but probably because I haven't made a cake from scratch in a long time. I use a lot of box mixes, and they're always a ton moister. Regardless, I'm happy with them.

First day on the sales floor tomorrow. Whoo. We'll see how that goes. Now...time to have another cupcake while watching Cupcake Wars. :)

EDIT--one of my coworkers updated on facebook that she made it home from work safely, but that several people are STAYING THE NIGHT at Target. How much does that suck? Very grateful to be stranded in my own home and not elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment