Sunday, September 13, 2009

I love September

It is so gorgeous outside. I love September! As much as I want true sweater-weather to get here (highs in the 60s rather than 70-80s), the weather we've been having lately is fantastic. I think I might have to do some homework out on the deck today.

So, I'm not sure how I feel about this play that I'm writing.

Surprisingly, I'm not experiencing any writer's block, which is usually oh-so-typical for me the day before an assignment is due. I'm getting through the thing okay...I just think it sucks. Well, no, it doesn't suck...it's just...I don't know, not as good as it could be? My biggest problem is that it's not very funny, as far as comedies go. My second biggest problem is that the plot is a little dull...at least when compared to the Aristotelian plays that we're supposed to model ours after. Meh. Hopefully we don't have to share them with the class.

Oh, remember the live feed that I intended to listen to while I was home sick last Wednesday? It stopped working ten minutes into the reading. Man, was I pissed! Ten minutes out of one hour is not enough to get me through my one-page reflection...so I have to go to a random reading of my choice to make up for it. /sigh



1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? If it was a house to live in, just outside of Iowa City. It if was a vacation house, somewhere warmer and near an ocean...Florida, perhaps.
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? Right now I'm loving the pj pants I just bought. They have an adorable owl on them that matches my owl robe, and they are the most comfortable pants I've ever put on.
3. FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX? Hands.
4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? I can't remember...
5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE? My parents' house. Preferably with the whole family there, and with weather that's chilly enough for there to be a fire in the fireplace.
6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE? Applebees. lol!
7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED? Upper back/shoulder area.
8. STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY? Mind.
9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING? Depends on the day. Anywhere between 8:00 and 10:00.
10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? Coffee maker!
11. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY? Feeling stressed out.
12. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I can already play several. If I could play something another one that I've never attempted, it would be the harp.
13. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? Green.
14. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV? SUV...seems safer.
15. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE? Yeah.
16. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? Ooh, tough one. I really liked The Secret Garden and A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I loved the Nancy Drew series...I have very fond memories of reading old copies that belonged to my Grandma.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Fall.
18. WHAT'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD ITEM? Ironing board. It's old and annoying to set up and put away.
19. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Healing powers would be cool. Then we wouldn't have to worry about not having health insurance! lol
20. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? I don't have one.
21. CAN YOU JUGGLE? I've never really tried...but probably not. I'm not very coordinated.
22. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? Grandma Landon, before she had Alzheimer's disease.
23. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Friday. Only one class and I don't work Fridays anymore!
24. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? A bookshelf, some random car stuff--jumper cables, wiper fluid, etc.
25. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? I love both! Sushi is sounding pretty good, though.
26. OF THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I'm not emailing it to anyone.
27. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? ^
28. WHAT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY? 11/24/87
29. WHAT'S YOUR FULL NAME? Amy Renee Locke. Wow, I have a lot of vowels in my name.
30. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE MEMORY? Our wedding day.

...Okay, back to work on the crappy play.

No comments:

Post a Comment