Thursday, June 17, 2010

Oooh!

I'm liking these new template options, blogger! Very cute! There was actually more than one or two designs that I wanted to pick. :)

So...Target offered me a job--as a food service worker (ie working at Food Avenue). They couldn't hire me as a cashier because of our one car situation. Apparently, the fact that the store closes at 10:00 means nothing--they told me that their cashiers usually don't get out of there until near 11:00...sometimes 11:30! And I had to tell them that there's no way I can stay that late on nights when Jordan works. As it turns out, Friday and Saturday nights (two of the nights Jordan always works, without question) are what they really need covered. So yeah...no cashiering for me. But they offered me a job at Food Avenue because it closes earlier than the rest of the store (8 or 9, I can't remember which). And I took it. I know, I am insanely overqualified for such a job...but I need a freaking income! And for some reason, no one at the higher paying places where I applied wanted to hire me. So whatever.

I still think I might hear from the pharmacy in the next few days...the guy was slow to call me after I turned in the application, so it makes sense that he would be just as slow to offer me a job. If I am offered a job there, I think I might have to take it and tell Target I changed my mind...because it pays fifty cents more an hour. It wouldn't be too horrible of me to do that because my orientation at Target isn't until the 29th. Not much harm in backing out before orientation, right? But even if the pharmacy doesn't hire me, that's fine. At least I'm employed somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment