Monday, June 28, 2010

The last two days have been rather interesting.

I slept for about fourteen hours yesterday, thanks to a crappy fever. It's been years since I've had one...I forgot how much they suck! It wasn't anything serious--peaked at 100.8--but that's still kinda high for me since my usual temperature is a couple degrees lower than the average 98.6. I laid in bed all day long...then Jordan took me to work with him (he was worried to leave me home by myself) and I slept on and off all night. My temperature finally started to go down at midnight and I was back to normal by 6:00 this morning. Feeling a little queasy and headache-y today, but mostly okay. No clue what caused all this, but hopefully it's out of my system.

Today was much more fun. Mom came up to Iowa City--we had lunch at Olive Garden and spent a few hours downtown, window shopping at all the fancy stores. I did splurge a little on a box of dessert teas--coco truffle, belgian mint, raspberry nectar, orchid vanilla, vienna cinnamon, and white ambrosia--very excited to try them. Then we had coffee at Prairie Lights Java House and went to PetLand to look at all the cute puppies. We didn't play with any of them...Mom said she would want to buy one if we did.

My Target orientation is tomorrow night. According to random google searches, it will be several hours long, full of training videos and paperwork. /sigh. I also read that I should start working right away and I'll get my schedule for the next two weeks...so I'm hoping that they happened to not schedule me for next Monday night--I realllly want to be able to go to Carissa's dress appointment. I'm actually kind of excited to start working. Even though I'll have to wear a gross hairnet, I think I'll like working at Food Avenue. I imagine that it will be very similar to my job at Great American Cookies--food prep and selling, some cleaning--I'll just be dealing with snack food instead of baked goods. Anyway...off to make supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment