Monday, July 12, 2010

Good Day.

I'm proud of myself--I had today off work and I actually made good use of my time. In other words, I didn't just lie around and watch TV all day! I did a lot of writing in the afternoon, folded and put away a mountain of laundry, and bought some new clothes at Gordman's--including two much needed red shirts for work. :) I'm pretty excited about the story I'm working on...I feel like with one more round of revisions, it might be ready to be sent out. My parents are amazing for giving me the writer's market book for my graduation--it's so helpful to know what publications are out there and how much freelance stuff they publish per year (a lot of journals are 100% freelance written, which is encouraging). This fabulous book even tells me which places will pay you and how much. I've also learned that pretty much no one takes submissions in the summer months, oddly. Just one more reason why I want it to be fall already!

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/irish-coffee-cupcakes

^Really want to make those sometime! Though I bet they would be perfectly delicious without the whiskey in the frosting. If and when I make them, I'll have to make half the batch spiked and the other half un-spiked. I've never been a huge Martha Stewart fan, but her recipe for banana cupcakes with honey-cinnamon frosting was so amazing, I'm willing to bet these would be just as tasty.

Sooo, this week, I'm working Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday--closing every night. Nights are easier than days, especially since I know the closing procedures so well now, but I wish they would give me more opening hours. I like coming home at 4:00 and still having the whole evening in front of me. When I get off between 9:30 and 10:00, I come home and go to bed within an hour or two. And that's depressing. Oh well...hours are hours. And I do have to admit, getting up at 6:00 for an opening shift is rather painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment