Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Good day :)

Yesterday was a really bad day...but today was quite fabulous. :) I got a decent amount of homework done this afternoon. The creative writing track senior reading was tonight...I was so freaking nervous! But it went really well. Six or seven seniors read, and I was the only one who read fiction tonight. Everyone else read poetry or nonfiction. And after going through so many workshop classes, it felt so nice to just read my work and have people applaud--no forty-five minute session of praises and critiques. I had to leave early to make it to a reading at Prairie Lights...I've been going to a lot of them lately for extra credit in my essay workshop (which I desperately need for my participation grade...because apparently I don't speak up enough in class). It was a really great reading--I want to buy the book now! After the reading, I met up with Carissa and Brian because they happened to be downtown. We went to Aoeshe, this Asian restaurant that I drive by every single day. It was amazing. Great Wall [of Burlington] quality (that's a very high compliment!). We all tried Korean dishes. I had gang pong chicken--fried chicken in spicy garlic sauce. So delicious! And the phoenix crab was phenomenal--really close to the Great Wall's, though the filling wasn't quite as good. I love that they have Chinese, Japanese, and Korean food. Next time I think I'm gonna have to try their sushi.

I haven't started my scary paper for human memory yet (dreading it...), but I have picked a topic and started researching. My goal is to start it tomorrow and turn it in on Friday. That way I'll have an entire week left to finish the last few chapters and study for the exam. My topic is sleep and memory. I'm finding a ton of articles about how sleep deprivation harms your ability to remember things...it makes it harder to consolidate new information. In other words, staying up all night to cram for a test and getting no sleep before said test is a really inefficient way of studying. Good to know, since I'm sure I'll be doing just that for my three finals next week. Can't wait for all this to be over!

All right...homework time.

No comments:

Post a Comment