Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yay, SPRING!

One of the worst things about being an English major: wasting ink and paper. I go through two cartridges of ink every semester. Those things aren't cheap! :( It's mostly because of my workshop classes...I have to print out my classmates stories and essays to write comments on them. They're never short. Maybe I should start printing stuff off at a computer lab...waste someone else's ink.

I can't believe it's already 5:30. Days go by fast when you sleep til 3:00. Yes, 3:00. Ridiculous, I know, but I needed it. I got three hours of sleep Wednesday night (finishing a short story) and four hours of sleep on Thursday night (studying for an exam). Not fun. It paid off, though--I did really well on the exam. As for the short story...meh. It came out at nine pages and I would have liked to add about five more...but it was already two days late, so I just didn't have the time. And I'm not at all happy with the way I ended it. Super crappy last line...can't wait for everyone in workshop to talk about how much they hate the ending. Oh well. I'm glad to have it, and the exam, crossed off my to-do list.

Puppy-sitting tonight til tomorrow morning. :) Hopefully Jack and Suki's cuteness won't be too much of a distraction...I have a bunch of homework to do. Still several lessons behind in both my online classes. I have no idea when I'm going to find the time to write a five page paper for mythology and an eight page paper for memory.../sigh.

I am so thrilled with the weather we've been having lately (with the exception of Wednesday, which was freakishly cold)--skirt friendly! No jacket needed! And all the greenness...it makes me happy. I love spring so much.

Mmk, feeding the survey addiction again...but it's a short one.

What's the longest song you've ever listened to? I don't know. Probably something classical.
Do you like garlic bread? Yes!
Would you ever date someone who didn't believe in marriage? N/A for me, but if I wasn't married...I probably wouldn't. At least not seriously. It would be too depressing.
What's the funniest book you've ever read? I read a spoof of the Left Behind series once called Right Behind...it was really funny. Nature Girl and Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen are both really funny--satirical crime novels.
Do you think most teenagers are becoming vegetarians just to look cool? I'm sure some of them do it just for the sake of trendiness. Same with the whole "go green" movement.
Have you ever tried climbing a tree? Yeah. I used to love climbing trees when I was a kiddo. My grandpa had a bunch of apple trees that were perfect for climbing.
When's the last time you ate a taco? Last week, in Florida.
Do you make surveys when you're bored? No. I fill them out when I'm bored.
3 things you like to learn about: Music, literature, animals.
What's something you could debate about for hours? I don't think I could debate anything for hours.
Do you like Dr. Pepper? Yeah.
Would you ever open up your own restaurant? Maybe if I went to culinary school. And learned a lot about managing a business/the restaurant industry.
Do you like taking long surveys? No, I like shorter ones. If it's more than 50 questions, I usually won't fill it out.
Has anyone ever called you charming? Hmm...don't think so.
What culture fascinates you? Any culture other than mine, really.
Have you ever talked to Andy? ...Who's Andy?
Do you own a pearl necklace? Yeah. Not the classic string of pearls, though--it just has one pearl and a tiny diamond, in a silver setting. I'd like to own a legit string of pearls someday.
Do you have trouble pronouncing big words? Not really.
Do you label people? I try not to...but it's happened.
Most rap music nowadays is degrading to women, do you agree? I don't listen to it so I wouldn't really know, but I've heard as much from others.
Do you watch 'Greek'? No.
What chances do you think you have of becoming a divorcee? I'm extremely happy with my marriage. I can't imagine divorce in our future (of course, what newlywed couple would?).
Do you own a type writer? No...I kinda want one, though. Is that weird?
Have you ever been to a drive in movie? Yeah, I along time ago with my family. We saw The Lion King.
Do you own any television shows on DVD? Nope...there's a couple that I really want to have on DVD, though. The Office and Scrubs, for sure. And maybe Sex and the City.
What books are you reading? Currently reading Germinal by Emile Zola.
Are you excited for summer? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment