Sunday, August 22, 2010

Soy, faux caramel lattes, and Netflix...oh my!

After I got off work tonight, I decided to stop by Target's market section for a few grocery essentials--milk, bread, coffee creamer. For some reason (all the back to school shoppers, college kids stocking their dorm refrigerators??), Target was out of skim, 1% and 2% milk. All they had was whole, and various lactose free varieties. NO WAY am I buying whole milk (I actually just started drinking skim to cut some unneeded fat from my diet), so I decided to try Silk soymilk, the vanilla kind. I had some tonight with a bowl of cereal, and it is really good! About the same thickness as 2%, and it's pretty tasty. I don't know if skim or soy is healthier...all the sites I've been to say it's a toss up, more or less. I might just keep up with the soy milk, though--I think it tastes better than skim. And it's definitely healthier than the 2% that Jordan prefers. :)

Ah, and another find, courtesy of Target's limited grocery selection: vanilla caramel coffee creamer. It was one of only four flavors that Target had (original, french vanilla, and hazelnut are the others--I have all of these in the back of my cupboard and I'm bored with them). I've seen the flavor before but I always thought that it would taste bad...I guess because I had a bad experience with another brand's attempt at "caramel macchiato" flavored creamer. But this stuff is delicious. It makes my regular old cup of coffee taste remarkably like a caramel latte.

While I'm on the subject of new discoveries, I also just started experiencing the joy of Netflix. I've been longing to catch up on the two seasons of The Office that I missed in the past few years, and now I can! Not to mention the whole movies sent to my door, no late fees ever thing. And for $8 a month?! Amazing. Jordan and I have spent more than that on ONE MOVIE from Blockbuster, when you include the unavoidable (for me, at least) late fees.

I really don't have anything else to blog about...life's great, but pretty uneventful.

So,How's your day been? Meh. Work was kinda crappy, but since I've been home, it's been lovely.
Do you ever watch pokemon? No.
Ever feel just not that beautiful? Definitely.
Have you ever kissed someone in front of your parents? Yeah...I think Jordan's the only one, though.
What do you do most everyday? Lots of things. Ingest some sort of caffeine (usually coffee), clean myself, play my keyboard, facebook.
What do you think is most over rated right now? Being tan.
Do you like sweets? Yes. Too much.
What flower do you think is most beautiful? Hard question! Daisies are my favorite, but I wouldn't call them the most beautiful. It's really hard for me to pick a most beautiful...especially when I'm not familiar with very many different kids.
Can you play Guitar Hero on Hard? I don't play Guitar Hero.
How many books do you think you've read this year? Between twenty and thirty, I think.
Who knows your most darkest memory or secret? I don't even know what my "darkest memory or secret" is. If anyone would know it, though, it would be Jordan.
Are there clothes on your floor right now? Yeah.
Do you still Trick-or-Treat? I never did.
Ever played a prank on someone? Not that I can recall.
Do you believe in Karma? No.
Do you hate anybody? Nah.
Ever stared at the underwear section of a store and gotten weird looks? Yeah.
Did you play with dolls when you were little? Yeah, a bit. They weren't my favorite though.
What's your favorite food to eat? Too many to choose from. I can't even pick between sweet and savory...
Ever thrown a drink at someone just because? Hmm, pretty sure I haven't.
How many minutes did you spend on your hair this morning? After I washed it, about ten seconds.
Is anyone else in the room with you? Crosby.
Ever done something that you still regret? Eh...nothing huge.
Have you ever broken something due to anger? Yeah.
When did you last cry and how did you stop? I don't remember.
Last movie you saw? The Philadelphia Story.
Was it good? Yes!
Has anyone ever sang to you? Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment