Friday, September 10, 2010

Ramble ramble.

September, I love you!

Even though today was too rainy, I enjoyed the cooler weather and the opportunity to wear a sweater. Next time I go legit grocery shopping, I'm definitely buying a pot roast. And as soon as apples go on crazy sale, it's apple crisp time!! Speaking of apples--loving all my apple scented candles. I'm burning through them way too fast. I need one of those massive Yankee candles...too bad they're like $30 a piece. Eek.

Well, work is going well enough. My 90 day review is coming up sometime soon...not too nervous since all my supervisors keep telling me what a great job I've been doing. I'm kind of hoping that there will be some talk of training me in another section--maybe sales floor? I like Food Avenue, but all the cleaning is really getting old...and I hate wearing that stupid hairnet.

So, I got a new mouse! Jordan picked it out and ordered it for me as a surprise. Of course, when he told me I had a surprise coming in the mail, I knew what it was right away. Oh well. Silly little thing to get excited about, I know, but the one I've been using is so terrible. Tiny thing that came with my laptop...NOT wireless, only two clickers, and one of them is broken--has been double and triple clicking when I click it once. Super annoying. So, a fancy new mouse was a lovely, practical gift. Good job, hubby. <3

And now, for the emo portion of this blog...my wedding rings are falling apart on me! The diamond in my engagement ring is loose--I can wiggle it quite a bit in the setting--so I've stopped wearing it until we can have it fixed. And then just yesterday, I think, a diamond in my wedding band fell out!! I think it went down the drain while I was washing dishes at work. :( Granted, they're really tiny stones--all seven diamonds amounted to 1/8 of a carat, so I can't imagine that it would cost much at all to replace the one that fell out...but still. NOT happy. I've stopped wearing that one, too, because I'm worried that more diamonds will fall out. The worst part of all this is that I didn't take my rings in for the stupid semi-annual cleanings...which is the catch to the guarantees on them. So I don't think any of the repairs will be free of charge. Boo. In the meantime, I'm wearing this cheapo silver-tone band that I got somewhere for about $5...probably going to turn my finger green...but I need to have something there. So it'll have to do.

Also sad--we think Crosby has a urinary tract infection. At least, that's what we're hoping he has. There's been blood in his urine for a couple days. :( It could be a symptom of more serious things, so we're hoping it's just a minor UTI that will clear up with some antibiotics. Poor little guy. He has a vet appointment on Monday. Trying not to worry too much...

Well, to end on a positive note--we finally have a second car! YAY!!! My parents came up to Coralville tonight with the Sable (and took us out for dinner at the Olive Garden. My parents are too good). So happy. I don't even care that the radio and AC don't work. It feels so good to know that I'm not stranded here while Jordan is working all night. I could go get a banana shake from Steak and Shake right now if I wanted to. This also opens the door for Jordan to look for a new job with daytime hours. :)

Mmk. I think that's enough rambling for one blog entry...

2 comments:

  1. Kso...when you said a new mouse, I thought of the animal at first and was like "WTF??" until I read "...the one I've been using is so terrible." Hahaha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's funny. I remember thinking "I should probably clarify that..." and then "nah. They'll figure it out when they get to the part about wires and clickers." lol.

    ReplyDelete