Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I smell like apples.

Work last night wasn't too awful. All I heard all night was "THANK YOU SOOO MUCH," over and over, from all my supervisors. Five people called in sick. Kind of a lot. So I'm glad I went...but still. Cashiering sucks. Every time I have to do it, I have new appreciation for the slower pace and the freedom of Food Avenue.

I finally made my apple crisp! I spent my whole morning preparing for it--cleaning up the kitchen so I would have room to make it, washing the pot and baking dish I needed, running to the grocery store for ingredients, peeling and coring a dozen apples...but the finished product is so worth all the effort. It's even tastier than I remember. I am totally throwing a giant piece in some tupperware and taking it to work with me tonight. Everyone will smell it warming up in the microwave and be jealous.

So, exciting, Jordan has a job interview this Thursday at GameStop! I would love for him to work in the mall, too. I would totally visit him on my breaks. He's pretty confident that they're going to hire him, even if it is just temporary, for the holidays, to start with. As I'm sure you could have guessed, some hardcore name dropping is happening, with Aaron's recent promotion to a GameStop district manager and all. Jordan's plan is to keep his two nights a week at the hotel, and work as much as he can at GameStop. That way, I'll be able to cut back my hours at Target and have more time to write...which would be amazing. Right now, I write two or three days of the week. I want to be writing twice as much as that. Or better yet, every day of the week. So, fingers crossed for Jordan's interview.

Have you ever known someone who thought the world revolved around them? Not literally...but I've known some pretty selfish people.
what is your favorite type of cake? Mmm...does tiramisu count as cake? If not, then I say cheesecake.
what do you like about fall? what do you dislike about fall? I like practically everything about fall. What I don't like is the very end of it, when it feels like winter. And the cold nights. Those are hard to get used to, coming out of summer.
have you ever driven a tractor or operated a lawn mower? Lawn mower, yes. Never been on a tractor. Surprising, considering that I grew up in Iowa.
what is your favorite flavor Cheese its? Um, original?
what is the last movie you've seen? did you enjoy it? I watched Some Kind of Wonderful on Netflix Sunday night. Yeah, I enjoyed it. Good 80s teen movie.
if you were to write/direct your own movie what genre would it be? Considering all the plays I wrote in my playwriting class, comedy or drama. Or a weird fusion of the two.
have you ever lived in an apartment? Yeah. Several.
do you get along with strangers more than people you actually know? Not really.
would you ever catapult someone out a window? No!
do you believe in luck? No.
any premiere season shows your looking forward to? Conan O'Brien's new show on TBS. New shows on the Food Network.
what is the strongest beverage you've ever drank? I dunno. Jack Daniels, I guess.
have you ever/would you set something on fire on purpose? Yeah. Firewood, garbage, leaves, marshmallows, etc. The usual stuff.
are you considered danger prone? Not really. I'm clumsy, but I don't get myself into "danger" often.
do you enjoy debating? Not at all.
what is your favorite type of cheese? Colby jack. But I haven't tasted a wide variety of cheese...and I've never had any fancy gourmet cheese.
ever lived in a log cabin? I've stayed in them for vacations. Never lived in one, though.
what is your favorite breed of dogs? I've never been able to narrow that down. I love all types of dogs. Though, for a pet, I prefer breeds that don't shed much/at all...because of my allergies.
can you make anything from scratch? Yeah, lots of things.
ever had to get X-rays? Yes.
what is the color you wear most? Red and tan, because of stupid Target. When I'm off work, I wear a lot of green and black.
what were you really fascinated with as a child? Animals. And stuff I read about in books.
would you visit yellow stone park? Ehh, maybe. After learning about volcanoes in a geology class, I'm a little reluctant to go visit such an enormous active one.
do you know your Gem/Birth Stone? Yes. Topaz/citrine. Some website told me that topaz is the "traditional" November stone and citrine is the "modern" one.
are you ready for this year to be over with? I'm in no hurry. The only reason I want 2011 to be here is for Carissa and Brian's wedding.
do you usually carve pumpkins in October? No. I kinda wanted to last year, but Jordan didn't. He says we can do all that crap (which includes cutting paper snowflakes, painting Easter eggs, etc) when we have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment