Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wow 3 AM, where did you come from? Time goes by way too fast when I have a weekend off work. Oh well--had a great day with my mom (and dad, before and after the Hawkeye game). Lunch at Olive Garden, some shopping at the mall, and just hanging out at our apartment. Nice low-key afternoon. Crosby was so happy to see my parents, and vice versa. Hard to believe that the next time I see them will probably be Thanksgiving. This year has gone by so fast. I mean really...how is it almost November?!

Speaking of November...I finally have a NaNo idea. It's very vague...but an idea, nonetheless. Kind of excited. It's going to be interesting, trying to spew out five pages every day for thirty days. Definitely not my style. I'm more the "write one paragraph and then rewrite it a thousand times until it's perfect and then call it a day" type. But I think it will be good for me to get out of my comfort zone.

Not quite ready to go to bed yet...sooo survey.

Do you ever get the urge to pinch or squeeze something unbearably cute? Only all the time.
Are you a person that asks a lot of questions? Not really.
Would you ever try a deep-fried Oreo? Absolutely.
Have you ever had to hide a hickey from a parent? Yeah.
Do you watch Dexter? No.
Is The Office boring, or funny? Funny! One of my favorite shows.
Do you bother to recycle? Yeah, some stuff. But for the most part, not really. I know, we're horrible.
The majority of people you know have what hair color? Brown, I guess.
What's your favorite children's book? I had too many favorites.
Do you use scented lotion or body oil after you shower? No.
What do you smell like right now? Pretty much how I always smell. Little winter candy apple scent left on me from my trip to Bath and Body Works today.
Are you excited about this upcoming winter? Some parts of it. Christmas, getting to wear sweaters and my cute coat, the prettiness of snow, the coziness of the season...not so excited about the cold, or hard to drive in weather.
Do you keep your shopping bags? Yeah. We use them as garbage bags for our tiny trashcans.
Do you have highlights? What color(s)? Nope.
Are spaghetti straps tacky? I don't think so...in general, at least.
Had a ladybug ever bitten you? No. They bite? Wow, now I like them even less than before.
Do you have a pillow that is YOUR pillow, of which no one else may use? I have my pillow and Jordan has his. We don't use each others' because we like different style pillows...his is really flat and mine is really puffy.
Is there someone that you text, everyday, without fail? Nope.
Have you ever drawn on someone's face while they were sleeping? I don't think so.
What was the topic on the last essay you were required to write? I believe my last essay was for my European Lit class, on the french novel Germinal. But I'm not positive.
What kind of face wash do you use? Neutrogena.
Where'd the best burger you've ever had come from? Applebee's quesadilla burger is really good. And I really enjoy my Dad's burgers.
Have you ever constructed jewelry out of paperclips whilst bored in class? Yes to the constructing jewelry out of paperclips part, but I never did it while in a class.
Was South Park's impression of Snooki perfect? No idea.
Do you still own any VHS tapes? Not here--at my parents' house, yes. I've been meaning to steal all their Disney tapes, too.
Have you ever written something in the sand at a beach? Pretty sure I have.
Have you ever fallen in love with a best friend? Not exactly. Jordan didn't become my best friend until after we fell in love. I did date some of my closest friends in high school, though.
How much money do you spend on non-essential items every week? It varies. It also depends on what you consider essential.
Do you remember the first true horror movie you ever watched? Yeah. It's a weirdly good memory...it was at a church teen Halloween party when I was fourteen or fifteen, and it was one of the first times that Brandon held my hand. And that was SUCH a big deal to me.
Do you record/journal/write down all of your dreams you remember having? No. I don't think I've ever done that. Like most people, I don't remember my dreams for very long after waking up.
What's your favorite carnival ride? I've never been to a carnival, so I don't have one.
Ever watch cartoons? King of the Hill and Family Guy. That's about it.
Do you know who Jonathon Adler is? No.
Anyone specific make you ridiculously anxious when they ask for 'a favor'? Not really.
Do you have a signature on your cell-phone for texting? Nope.
If I gave you $250,000, what would you do with it? Pay off my student loans...put the rest in a savings account.
What's the last thing you asked for help with? Cleaning the house.
Have you ever seen a UFO? No.
Have you ever cut the crease in your ankle, shaving your legs? Yeah.
^ annoying, isn't it? Mmhmm.
Does your home have a fireplace? My parents' house does. One of my favorite things about being there in winter. So cozy.
Could you start a fire without a match/lighter? Probably not.
Ever been shocked by an electric fence? No.
Do you celebrate any holidays that the majority of people don't? No, not really. I'd say I celebrate fewer holidays than the majority of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment