Friday, November 5, 2010

Oops.

At around midnight last night, I decided to take a break from writing my NaNo novel and started reading. I've been rereading one of my favorite books (Kartography, by Kamila Shamsie), mostly just during my breaks at work. Well once I started, and didn't have a fifteen or half-hour time limit to make me put it down, I couldn't stop. I finished the book. Even though it was 5 AM and I was exhausted, I couldn't even fall asleep right away because I kept thinking about the book and the characters. I want to email Kamila Shamsie and tell her to write another novel with these characters in it. Or five more. I want to turn back to page one and read it AGAIN...which is kind of crazy, considering that I've never read a novel for a third time. I am so emotionally invested in this book. It kinda kills me that I never ever would have read this book or even heard of it if I hadn't taken a "literature of the Indian Subcontinent" class my junior year.

Sorry for gushing. I'm still on my happy "I just read a fantastic book" cloud.

ANYWAY...that's why I'm still about 6000 words behind on my NaNoWriMo novel. (Or twenty pages. It doesn't sound quite so bad in pages.) And writing this blog about why I'm behind isn't helping...so I'm going to go be productive. After I make some coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a book I need to read! And don't worry, I'm a bit behind on my novel also. :)

    ReplyDelete