Monday, October 4, 2010

Yay, Monday

Enjoying my customary day-off latte...no calls from Target so far! :) Speaking of Target, yesterday was pretty terrible. Most Sundays, in general, are terrible. Since I close at 8:00 instead of 9:00, I lose an hour of cleaning time...and the afternoon is always so busy that there's no way to start cleaning earlier than usual. It sucks. And because the mall closes at 6, large amounts of Target employees come to Food Avenue on their evening lunch breaks. Which means I have to make more sandwiches, salads, and cookies when I should be starting the closing process. Ugh. However, yesterday's awfulness was overshadowed by the fact that I found someone to cover my cashiering shift on the 16th! That means I can go to Jordan's cousin's wedding. I've never met this cousin or spent much time at all with that side of Jordan's family, so he was really disappointed when I told him I wasn't able to get the day off. But now all is well. I just have to decide what to wear to the wedding...

Well, I have the usual day-off plans lined up. Clean the apartment. Write. Go shopping. But first...

Have you ever followed someone you cared about into a disastrous situation? Mm...maybe? I can't think of a specific situation, though.
Someone's talking sh!t about you. How do you handle this? I've never been in this situation, so I'm not sure. My first instinct would be to ignore the problem. I'm not sure what I would do if it got out of hand...I'd like to think that I would confront the person, eventually.
Do you prefer escalators or elevators? Elevators.
If you had a time machine, when would you go? I'd probably take a gander at every past century, assuming that I could use the time machine as much as I wanted.
What helps a hangover? I've never had one.
Do you know how to bake? Yes.
You're getting a custom-made hat. What do you want it to look like? A stocking cap with a chunky homey looking knit and a crocheted flower on one side. In a neutral color that would go well with my different coats.
Has your house ever been broken into? No, thankfully.
Who is the last person to call you 'Sweetheart'? I don't remember. Probably my Dad.
Do you think that iPods are dangerous? My great gma does... How so? If you mean dangerous as in people kill themselves because they're distracted with their ipods while driving, yeah. But the same is true of any distraction in the car. If there's other reasons to feel that ipods are dangerous, it's news to me.
Sunny or thundery? Depends on my mood.
What's the 5th message in your inbox from? Dunno. Don't feel like looking.
Are your eyebrows thick/thin/or basically nonexistent? Pretty normal, I guess.
How many hours of sleep do you usually get a night? It varies wildly. Between 6 and 12.
The old, or the new Alice in Wonderland? I like both. LOVED the new one with Johnny Depp, but it didn't make me appreciate the classic cartoon version any less.
Your regrets: are they mostly thing you HAVE done, or haven't? I don't have many regrets and I try not to dwell on the ones that I do have.
What's the time? 1:11.
What's in your pocket(s)? Nothing.
What would you like on your taco? Cheese, lettuce, sour cream. Maybe a little hot sauce.
How big is your cosmetics bag? About the size of a small purse.
Could you explain Scientology to me, without making it sound ridiculous? No.
Where's the 'rich neighborhood' around where you live? I dunno, the heights, I guess.
Do you live there? No.
Have you ever seen The Wizard of Oz? Yes.
What's your mother's favorite movie? Her favorite movies are classics from the early twentieth century. Stuff with Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, etc. I'm not sure what her favorite is.
Favorite Vitamin Water flavor? Dunno, I've never tried it.
Cookie, ice-cream cone, or a taco? Right now, I could go for an ice cream cone. That's what I would usually pick, unless I was legitimately hungry. Then I'd go for the taco.
What's the best way to calm you down when you're pissed off? Give me some space.
Can you ride a bike with no handlebars? Doubt it.
Why are dumb things like mustaches and bacon becoming trends? Hah, I didn't really mustaches and bacon had become trendy.
Who's on your list? What list?
^ list for what? I don't have a list...
Can you do the splits? No.
Are you SLOUCHING? Yes.
You're sending a message in a bottle off to sea. What do you write in it? Some quote. I dunno. It would take me a while to decide.
Hazelnut, nutmeg, caramel, or vanilla? Depends on what form they're in. Are we talking just the flavors, like in creamer or syrup for coffee, or the actual things...like a whole hazelnut and a vanilla bean? You must be more specific, survey writer.
What's your favorite color(s) for nail-polish? I don't like any on my nails. For my toes, I like pink or red.
Do you try to stand out? Not really.
What do you put on your toast? Margarine and strawberry jam. Sometimes margarine and cinnamon and sugar.
The last time you had brefagust, what'd you have? If that's supposed to say "breakfast," that's a horrible typo. I can't believe you didn't notice. And I had a blueberry muffin and a caramel latte.
Get anything in the mail today? Haven't checked yet. I hope the book I ordered came/comes, though!
Have you ever done something with a condom, other than have sex? No.
If you had to be handcuffed to someone for a WEEK, who would it be? Jordan, obviously.
What's your town/city/state known for? Corn. My hometown is known for Snake Alley.
Do you ever feel like you're just running in circles? (figuratively) Yeah.
Do you know how to use a compass? Yeah.
Tie a tie? Not the real way...but I can mess with one long enough that it almost looks right.
Were you afraid of monsters, ghosts, or witches, as a child? When I was 1-2, I was scared of monsters. According to my parents. I remember being scared of burglars and murderers breaking into the house when I was a kid.
Cardigan or hoodie? Cardigan.
What's something you're really, REALLY good at? Writing...or I like to think so, at least.
Have you ever been afraid of giving head 'cause you thought you'd...
urm... 'bite' him, accidentally? Um, no.
True or false. ANYONE could play the drums. Depends on what you mean by play.
Explain. ^
Are you better at ping pong or air hockey? Probably a little less bad at air hockey.
You want your pancakes _____ shaped. I don't care. Just make them taste good.
Do you know how to stitch or knit? No. I know the very basics of crocheting, but that's about it.
Would you rather own a yacht or a submarine? A yacht, I guess.
Do you wanna go home, too? I am home.
You want a ____ flavored cake in the shape of: What's with these questions about the shape of food? As for the flavor, I could go for a carrot or spice cake right now.
Favorite bagel & cream cheese??? I hardly ever have bagels, so I don't really have a favorite. But a long time ago, when the ever-changing bagel shop (which is now a weird office building or something) in West Burlington was Big Apple Bagels, I would go there with my mom and get an apple cinnamon bagel with cinnamon sugar cream cheese. Toasted, of course. SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment