Friday, November 19, 2010

I love my family.

So, I had to take Crosby to Burlington for a vet appointment today--he needed a shot and some prescription dog food and such. We could have done it somewhere in town, but we're really most comfortable taking him to Allgood's. I think Crosby is most comfortable with that, too. Jordan was supposed to come with me but backed out at the last second because he needed to catch up on sleep for the crazy weekend of work he has ahead of him. Valid point, but I was still mad at him for not coming like he said he would. In the end, though, I'm glad he didn't--I was able to stay in Burlington to hang out with my parents a lot longer that way. Had such a good time! I went to the bake sale/Christmas decorations sale at the church where my mom works. Mom bought me some pumpkin bread, pumpkin pecan cookies, and a really cute Christmas wreath for our door. We had Great Wall takeout for supper (phoenix crab and hunan chicken...YUM!)...watched Seinfeld and the classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas on TV. Wish I could have stayed longer, but having Crosby with me (without his dog food or kennel or any other necessary overnight items) and the fact that I have to work at 7:30 in the morning made that impossible. Oh well.

I can't wait to go back next week for Thanksgiving! It'll be good to see my grandparents (pretty sure I haven't seen them since last Thanksgiving--they didn't make it for Christmas because of the snow storm) and my brothers. And my Dad promised to make a fire in the fireplace as long as it's nice and chilly out...very excited for that. And all the delicious food, of course. The corn and cheesy potato casseroles, especially...and sweet potatoes with apples, too. As much as I hate the cold, I LOVE this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment