Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December!

It's not technically winter yet, but it is December. And we did have snow yesterday and today. Sooo, winter survey!

Whats 3 things you like to do during winter?
1- Enjoy my parents' fireplace
2- Watch Christmas movies...that reminds me, I need to Netflix Love Actually!
3- Bake.
Do you like snow? Yes, when I don't have to drive in it.
Does it even snow where you live? Yep.
Whats the best part about winter time? Spending time with my family for Christmas.
Is winter your favorite season? No.
Does your family celebrate Christmas? Yes.
Do you get a lot of presents? Not a ton, since I'm an adult now. Probably about a dozen from my parents, a couple from the in-laws, one from Jordan.
Do you help put up and decorate the christmas tree? Help...ha. I do it all myself. Jordan isn't big on Christmas decorations.
Do you have a stocking? Yes.
Is your christmas tree a real tree or a fake tree? Fake.
Do you like the cold winter weather? No.
Do you go sledding? It's been several years since I have.
Do you build snow men? Again, it's been several years.
Would you rather:
Wear gloves with no hat or a hat with no gloves? A hat with no gloves. My ears don't do well in cold wind.
Go sledding or ice skating? Well, I'm awful at ice skating and sledding doesn't really require any skill...so I guess sledding.
Your toes go numb or your fingers? Toes.
Drink hot chocolate or apple cider? Ooh, both sound so good right now! Apple cider, if it's my mom's homemade kind.
Get tons of inexpensive gifts or one expensive gift? I guess tons of inexpensive gifts, unless the expensive one was something I really needed.
Back to the questions...
Do you hate driving on the snowy roads? YES.
Whats your favorite christmas song? Oh man, no way I can narrow it down to one.
Whats your favorite christmas movie? It's a tie between National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and The Muppet Christmas Carol.
How early do you wake up on christmas to open gifts? Depends on what family we're with. With Jordan's family, we get up in the late morning--9 or 10. My family generally opens presents on Christmas evening, not in the morning.
Do you put christmas decorations up in/outside your house? Yes. We don't really have an "outside," but I did hang a wreath on our door.
Does your family stay home or go to a relatives for christmas? My parents usually host the Christmas dinner at their house.
Do you have a big christmas dinner? Yes. It's pretty much identical to our Thanksgiving dinner. Love it.
How many blankets do you sleep with in the winter? Two, plus an extra one at the end of the bed.
What are some ways you keep really warm? Turn up the heat, drink coffee, wear my robe around the house.
Do you wear alot of layers when you go outside in the snow/cold? Yes.
Is your car good on ice/snow? It's okay, though it doesn't like to start on really cold mornings.
Have you ever gotten into a car accident due to the icy/snowy roads? Yep. My only accident happened because of ice on the road...it sucked.
Does your school have alot of snow days where you live? I'm not in school, but my high school was well known for not canceling when all the other schools in town did. And snow days were very rare at the U of I, too.
Do you shovel the snow on your sidewalk/driveway? No--the Valley Forge management will handle that, I assume.
Do you ever have to use the ice scraper on your car windshield? Of course...unless I have half an hour to wait around for the defroster to melt the ice.
Do you stay indoors or go outside more in the winter? Now that I'm out of school (and not walking to class every day), I'll be indoors for most of the season.
Do you go all out and wear a scarf,gloves,coat, etc? Yes. Definitely a coat, gloves, and a hat. I don't always wear a scarf, though...a wear a lot of turtlenecks instead.
Do you own a pair of snow boots? Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment