Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Highlander Grogg

Relaxing before work, as usual. (And not in the mood to go to work...as usual.) So, for whatever reason, Food Avenue is no longer closing next Monday. They're waiting til January to close it for the remodel. I haven't heard the exact new date yet. Somewhat of a letdown. I really like working at Food Ave, but I'm ready to learn something new. And as soon as the remodel starts, I'm supposed to be trained to work on the sales floor. It's kind of nice that I'll get to go back to Food Avenue (well, Target Cafe, as it's supposed to be called) when it reopens, in case I happen to really hate sales floor.

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday! I am so ready for Christmas with my family...hope they all like their gifts. My grandma decided that she's not up to making her usual pumpkin pie this year, so I said I would make dessert. One of my cookbooks has a recipe for maple pumpkin cheesecake [YUM], so I'm going to attempt that. I'm a bit apprehensive, having never made cheesecake before...hopefully it turns out! I'm pretty bummed that Jordan can't come to Burlington with me because of work...this happened last year, too. Stupid hotel. It's so sad having to take his pile of presents from my family back here for him to open them.

I got some new coffee last night. SUPER tasty. The brand is Berres Brothers. I saw them featured on the Food Network several months ago, so when I saw their coffee at Hy-Vee, I got excited. I bought a bag of their Highlander Grogg flavored beans. Great name, right? It's their best seller, apparently, and is "an explosion of caramel, butterscotch and hazelnut." It's really good, and not bitter at all. Try it! It's not cheap, but not any more expensive than a bag of Dunkin Donuts or Caribou Coffee beans.

Well, Crosby is harassing me so I guess I better walk him.

No comments:

Post a Comment