Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Really Good Kiss

I just started a book called Literacy and Longing in L.A. (by Jennifer Kaufman and Karen Mack) I'm only fifty or sixty pages end, but I'm already recommending it--very funny read! Here's a quote from it that I love:

"I have this fantasy book club in my mind where other people feel as passionately as I do about reading. As if it were a really good kiss. The sheer pleasure and intimacy of having a relationship with a novelist and all the characters is transcendent--even sensual. Certain passages keep resonating in my head long after I've closed the book, and I often can't wait to get back to the story, as if it were a secret lover."

I have to work tonight and all day tomorrow (double shift, boo) and Monday night, as well. How depressing...especially when I'm in the mood to sit around and read for hours! I guess I'll have to wait til Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment