Saturday, June 13, 2009

Worrying...

I called Jordan half an hour ago to say goodnight. As usual, we talked for a couple minutes about how his shift is going, and guess who stopped by his hotel around 2:00 a.m.? A police officer. He came to tell Jordan that someone had been going around to all the hotels, luring employees away from the front desk, and then robbing them. Yeah. Needless to say, I'm worried. Jordan reassured me that their hotel doors are locked at this hour and he wouldn't be stupid enough to let someone he didn't recognize inside...but still! Just the idea that some crazy person is running around trying to rob hotels...ugh. I worry too much...(it kinda makes me dread becoming a mom someday. I'm going to be a wreck when I have to send my kids off to kindergarten).

Well, I can't sleep, so I'm going to fill out this silly survey. Hopefully, I'll be tired enough to go to bed by the end of it.

11 Layers of Me. Tag 11 people.


LAYER ONE: On the Outside--

Full Name: Amy
Birthday: Nov 24
School: University of Iowa
Major: English
Current Location: Iowa City, IA
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Righty or Lefty: Righty
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius


LAYER TWO: On the Inside--

Your Heritage: German, English, Irish, Scottish
Your Fears: People I love being harmed.
Weakness: Um, chocolate?
Goal(s): Attain a bachelors degree in English and a masters in Creative Writing, raise a family, write a novel, publish a piece of my writing that I'm proud of.
Regrets: Nothing too serious.
Change one thing about your life: It would be nice to not have to work.
Relieve Stress: Playing the piano, writing, listening to music, taking a shower, blogging (lol)
Hardest thing ever dealt with: My grandfather's death five years ago and Jordan's collapsed lung last year.
What upsets you: Feeling helpless.
Vent about something: Why can't Applebee's "guests" just sit where I want them to sit? I try to rotate from section to section so the servers don't get upset, but everyone is so picky! "This is too close to the door!" "There's a baby crying on this side of the restaurant!" "I don't like tables, I want a booth!" Come on, people!


LAYER THREE: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow--

Your thoughts first waking up: Wow, I slept in late.
Your bedtime: Anything goes, especially now that it's summer.
Your most missed memory: Living at home in Burlington.

LAYER FOUR: You’re picking--

Pepsi or Coke: Pepsi.
McDonald's or Burger King: Burger King.
Single or Group dates: Single, usually. Or very small group date--like 3 couples, max.
Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate
Cappuccino or Coffee: If you mean cappuccino or black coffee, then cappuccino.


LAYER FIVE: Do You--

Do Drugs: Just caffeine (and lots of it. I love my coffee, pop, and tea!)
Have a crush: Yeah, I kinda have a thing for my future hubby...
Think you've been in love: Of course.
Want to get married: Yes.
Believe in yourself: Sometimes.


LAYER SIX: In the Past Month--

Drank alcohol: Yes.
Gone to the mall: Yes.
Eaten Sushi: Yes. That sounds so good right now...
Gone skating: Nope.
Dyed your hair: No.
Done something exciting: Not especially.


LAYER SEVEN: Have You Ever?--

Changed who you were to fit in: Eh, probably.
Stole a note that you weren't tagged in: Yeah. I stole this one from Katie, and pretty sure that I wasn't tagged. lol

LAYER EIGHT: Getting Old--

Age you're hoping to be married?: 21 :)
Age you're hoping to have children?: Before 30.
Want to travel to: Europe.

LAYER NINE: Perfect Mate--

Best Eye Color: Oh, whatever. I love my baby's blue eyes, though.
Best Hair Color: I don't care.
Short or Long Hair: Short.

LAYER TEN: What were you doing--

5 MINUTES AGO: This survey--it's long.
2 HOUR AGO: Watching TV.
1 DAY AGO: Being lazy.
1 YEAR AGO: Enjoying summer, getting ready for Grant and Nikcole's wedding and our move to Iowa City.

LAYER ELEVEN: Finish the Sentence--

I Love: Jordan
I Feel: a little better
I Hate: that I have to get up in five hours
I Hide: my ears whenever possible
I Miss: Jordan
I Need: to go to sleep

1 comment:

  1. Jordan is such a ninja that he could defend himself from some crazy robber person anyway. =) I'd be worried too if I were in your position, though... I'm sure it'll be fine!

    We got your wedding invitation the other day! They're so pretty! They haven't RSVP'ed yet, but I think my parents are planning to come. Yaaayyyy. I'm going to get my dress altered by a lady my mom went to high school with who has her own seamstress/alterations shop on Summer Street. I'll do that after I get back from Cali. =)

    Looooooooove you!

    ReplyDelete