Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ah, Sunday

I love not working on Sundays! It feels fabulous to have a day off before starting another crazy week of classes. I actually got up and went to church this morning (www.parkviewchurch.org). With the exception of a few visits, I haven't been to church since I moved out of my parents' house. I've kinda missed it, to be honest. I like Parkview, so far. It's a very nice church; definitely a change of pace--it's more contemporary than Flint Hills about six times bigger. I'm thinking about trying to go more regularly...

Well, my pile of homework isn't horribly overwhelming today, as it is most Sundays. I just have to read a play, write a 5-10 page scene (where two characters have conflicting wants...should be fun. I love that we just have to write a scene and not a whole freaking play, as usual!), and read eight chapters in Lady Audley's Secret (a scandalous Victorian novel about bigamy, murder, and all kinds of juicy stuff. Well, juicy for the Victorians). Definitely not as bad as the last two Sundays. The fact that I have a pan full of apple crisp and a pot full of coffee to keep me company through the day certainly helps, too. I guess I should get started, huh? But first!...


Hey you. How's it going? Pretty good.
Anything horrible happened today? Nope.
Describe the best day of your life so far. I married the love of my life and had a wonderful time celebrating it with my closest friends and family.
How's your summer going? It's not summer anymore...but my summer went well.
Do you have a job? If so, do you like it? Yes, I have one. No, I don't really like it. The longer I'm there, the more okay I am with it, though. I'm to the point where I can just be on autopilot for three or four hours, so it's not so bad.
Are you more outgoing & hyper, or shy & quiet? More shy and quiet. I'm hardly ever "hyper" and when I am, it's in my own mellow way.
Do you think you'll be successful at life? At life, yes. In my career, who knows.
What's been your best accomplishment thus far? Probably getting into the creative writing track at the university.
Got a favorite song? It changes all the time. Right now it's The Fear You Won't Fall by Joshua Radin
Have you graduated yet? If not, when do you? High school, yes. College, no--not until next May.
What's your relationship status right now? Married.
What's the longest you've ever dated someone? & the shortest? Shortest was a week with Nick, lol. Longest was three years (up until we got married) with Jordan.
Do you like candles? Are there any in the room you're in? Yes! There's five in the room. 3 varieties of apple/apple cinnamon, a pumpkin spice, and a french vanilla (the one I'm burning right now).
Do you like roller coasters? Yes.
What's your favorite carnival type food? (Funnel cakes, snow cones, etc..) Funnel cakes, for sure.
Describe any jewelry you're wearing and explain any importance it might have. I'm wearing my wedding band and my engagement ring. They're important because they remind me that I'm married! And let any guys that might want to hit on me know that I'm married, lol. The diamond in my engagement ring is important to me as well because it's been in my family for years.
Is your cell phone touch screen? If you have one. Nope.
Are you an aunt/uncle? If so, how many nieces/nephews do you have? Yes, but only by marriage. Jordan and I have one niece and one nephew.
Would you rather write with a pen with black ink or some crazy color? Black ink.
Do you have a good relationship with your family? Yes. I miss them.
Do you feel free or like you're tied down by something/someone? Not really.
Do you like lemonade? Yeah, from time to time. I like it best when it has another flavor added...raspberry lemonade, for example.
Do you enjoy having your picture taken professionally? I don't enjoy having the pictures taken, but enjoy having the pictures.
Do you have really bad allergies? If so, what are you allergic to? Mangoes. Maybe some other food, but I don't know since I've never had any allergy testing done. I think I'm mildly allergic to dust and I have a mild allergy to most furry animals, as well.
Do you like drinking orange juice in the morning? Yes, but it's not my favorite morning beverage.
If you eat it, do you eat normal breakfast food or just whatever you want? When I have it, it's usually pretty standard--oatmeal, toast, cereal...
Do you like Theory of a Deadman? I don't know them well enough to have an opinion.
Does it bother you when people grab/smack your butt? It depends on the person! If it's my husband or a girl/woman I'm friends with, I don't mind.
Are you a cat or dog person? Dog.
Did you like this survey? For the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment