Friday, October 2, 2009

The downfalls of Fall...

Now that Fall is here again, I'm rediscovering a few reasons why it isn't always so great... For one, the return of my nosebleeds. I get them all year round, but only a couple times a week in the spring and summer. Once the air starts to get dryer and colder, I get them daily--sometimes several times a day. Even as I write this, there is a wad of Kleenex shoved up my right nostril. (The left one never bleeds, for some reason.) I'm dreading the day when one strikes while I'm at class or work... "Welcome to Applebees! Don't mind the blood pouring down my face..." Yeah, that'll be nice.

Another thing that I'm not loving is everyone's sudden need for something warm to drink. My favorite place to grab a latte, T Spoons at the ped mall, is constantly packed. I hate it! It used to be half empty most of them time, and they have cute little booths--it was the perfect place to read and drink coffee on my break between classes. Now it's always loud and next to impossible to get one of the cute little booths.

Then of course there's the shock of the temperature change. That's a given. Once I forget what a high of 80 feels like, though, 60 will start to feel pretty darn good. Besides, doesn't it feel great to wear sweaters again?!

I'm enjoying a leisurely morning before class. For the first time in weeks, I don't have any homework that needs urgent attention. All I have to do today is take a midterm at 1:30, then I'm done for the weekend!!



Whats your full name?
Amy Renee Locke.

What are you looking forward to this weekend?
Having Sunday off work...that's going to be fantastic.

Do you feel awkward when strangers say hi to you?
In some situations. Generally, no.

Are you a morning person or a night person?
A little more of a morning person, I think. Although I'm more productive at night.

Do you care what people think about you?
To an extent.

Are you easily scared at horror films?
Not scared, exactly. The problem is that I can't help but think about them after the movie is over, and put myself into the situations. And that's just unpleasant.

Do you prefer to shower at night or in the morning?
Morning.

Are you taller than 5'5"?
I'm right around 5'5". Maybe a fourth of an inch beyond it.

What was the last non-alcoholic beverage you had?
Coffee with pumpkin spice creamer...yum.

Is it cute when a boy/girl calls you babe?
It is when my boy does. A random boy? No.

Was last night enjoyable for you?
No. I worked on my Latin vocabulary homework for six hours. No joke. I'm caught up, though!

Are you afraid of the dark?
Darkness in unfamiliar places.

Do you consider yourself lucky?
I prefer to think of myself as blessed.

Is there anyone you want to come see you?
Yeah, a few people.

Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2010?
No.

Do you have trust issues?
Not really.

Do you want someone dead?
No.

How are you feeling?
Congested. Otherwise, pretty good.

Last night you felt?
Productive.

If you could move somewhere else, would you?
Not right now. After I graduate, yes.

Was yesterday better than today?
Not really. Yesterday wasn't horrible or anything, though. Like I said, I was very productive!

Can you live a day without TV?
Yeah. I could live without TV, period. Although I would miss the Food Network...and Heroes.

If you could go back to a day last year would you?
What for? Just to relive it, or to change it? Either way, I wouldn't.

What were you doing at 11 last night?
Latin vocab homework.

Reason behind the last time you laughed really hard?
Jordan being silly.

You learn you have cancer, do you tell your friends?
Of course. I would want all the support I could get.

How many best friends do you have?
Two. Three, if my mom counts. Well, four, if my husband counts.

What's something you CAN wait for?
Working all day tomorrow.

Did the last person you kissed have a tattoo, what is it?
Nope.

Do you think you and your best friend will be friends in 10 years?
Definitely.

In the past week, have you cried?
Yeah. It was a silly reason to cry, though.

Did you sleep well last night?
Yep.

Do you think a lot of people think bad things about you?
I don't know. It depends on what you mean by "bad things."

You just took 15 shots of alcohol, what are you doing?
Throwing up. I've never drank that much, so other than puking, I'm not sure how my body would respond.

What if you died, do you think people would care?
Yeah.

Looking back, did you ever waste too much time on a certain boy or girl?
Yep.

Do you think the last person who said they loved you meant it?
Yes.

Have you ever liked someone who treated you like crap?
Eh...kinda. He didn't treat me like crap all the time.

Do you have tan lines?
They're fading.

What is the last thing you did before you went to bed last night?
Brushed my teeth.

Have you ever done something you promised yourself you wouldn't?
Yeah.

Are you a player?
Nope.

Does your best friend approve of the last person you kissed?
lol...yes.

Do you know anyone that smokes weed?
Yeah.

Have you been a happy, angry, or sad person lately?
I've been all of those several times within the past week.

What did you wear today?
Right now I'm still wearing pink pj pants, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. Once I shower, I'll put on jeans and a sweater.

Do you think before you speak?
Yes.

When will your next kiss be?
Soon.

Do you currently have any bruises right now?
Yeah, I have a few.

Does the last person you kissed mean anything to you?
He means everything. Cheesy, but true.

And now, time for a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment