Tuesday, February 16, 2010

:)

My date with Jordan last night was fabulous...good food, good drinks, good conversation...and he even surprised me with a box of chocolates. I love him so much! As stressed out as I've been with school and work lately, the last couple months of our marriage have been really great. I can't even explain why...I just feel that we're closer than ever. :)

So, overwhelming as my classes are, they're going all right. Surprisingly well, actually. I'm getting a lot better at speaking up in my writing classes, to the delight of my professors (I imagine). It feels really good to not be the girl that never says a word. My European lit class is kind of falling to the wayside, though. That isn't a huge problem--the professor for that class isn't so strict about participation. But I do need to stop skipping it. I've already used three of my four free absences. Two of those times were because the parking garage was full and I didn't have any change to park at a metered spot...so I went home. Ridiculous, I know. I'm going to start taking my coin purse with me all the time, just in case that happens again. I'm still behind in my online classes because they're not my top priority, but I should be able to catch up on next Sunday. Currently, my top priority is my nonfiction workshop--my first essay is due on Thursday and is being workshopped on Tuesday. I am SO nervous! Even though I know I'm on par with these people as far as writing ability, part of me is still worried that they're going to think my essay sucks. But I guess even if they do think that, they won't be rude about it. They'll just try to help me make it better. And constructive criticism is always good...so I should probably stop freaking out and just write the thing.

But first, a survey.

Did you see your best friend today? No. Unless Jordan counts.
Did you have a Valentine this year? Yeah. :)
Do you even like Valentine's Day? Yeah. I recognize the silliness of it, but I still like it.
Have you watched Dear John? Nope. Probably won't see it until it's out on video.
How many more months is it until your birthday? Nine.
Who did you last take a picture with? Carissa, I think.
Do you have a job? Yeah.
If so, what is it? Hosting at stupid Applebees.
What kind of flower is your favorite? Daisies!
Do you remember the last time you were sick? I had a cold in December...but I was over it in less than a week.
Are you thinking about someone right now? Hilary Duff...because Jordan is streaming one of her songs over vent for the girls in his guild. Lol!
Which is better: MySpace or Facebook? Facebook.
Three words that describe your current mood? Worried, content, mellow. Kinda weird that I'm feeling all those at once, I know.
How many hours of sleep did you get last night? Seven, but in weird chunks because I kept waking up to do homework and then falling back asleep.
Do you have plans for tomorrow? Work in the morning, then work on my essay all day. And read the first volume of Hard Times.
When is the last time you saw snow? Today.
The last time you left your house, where did you go? Class.
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.
Who is your last text from? Trey, telling me that he'd take my 5 PM shift tomorrow...he's my hero. I would've been up all night working on my essay if I'd had to keep my second shift.
What kind of car do you drive? Mercury Mystique
When is the last time you were at a funeral? It's been a while. I went to a visitation last year...but I think the last funeral was my Grandma's, in 2006.
How many people have you kissed this year? Just one.
Is there anything you're looking forward to? Spring break, graduation!!!, summer, working somewhere other than Applebees, moving to our new apartment.
Do you shop at Victoria's Secret? I browse their website a lot because they have really cute clothes. The VS store in the mall isn't that great, though. No actual clothes, just overpriced lingerie and makeup.
So, do you have a significant other? Yes.
Can you honestly say your happy right now? Yeah, for the most part.
Do you like to label others? No.
Why did you last cry? I can't remember...probably stress.
What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? Pretty much anything that's not work or homework. I would really love to go shopping one of these weekends...I haven't done anything other than grocery shopping in months.
What is directly behind you? Pillow.
Are you in high school? No.
If so, what grade?
Who did you last call? Katie.
Have you talked to the person you like today? Yes. :)
Think about the person that hurt you the most; did you forgive them? Yes.
What is your biggest pet peeve? Pedestrians that don't follow traffic rules, drivers that space off at a stoplight and take five seconds to go once the light turns green...
Is there a language you wish you spoke? I'd like to speak any second language, really. Preferably the language of a country that I might visit someday.
Is there a candle in the room you're in? Yeah.
Do you have any special plans for the weekend? Working Friday and Saturday night, homework all day Sunday. Whoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment