Sunday, February 14, 2010

Do-Over.

As far as Valentine's Days go, this one was totally unromantic. Jordan slept off last night's third shift and raided on WoW, I did homework all day and night, and we ordered Milio's subs for supper. Nice, huh? We did have a few really great couple-y moments, though, which are romantic in their own wonderful way...laughing together at a funny memory, talking about our future, cuddling in bed before he had to leave for work. But now he's gone and I have several horrible hours of homework ahead of me. Definitely not the ideal ending to our first Valentine's Day as a married couple. Don't worry, though...we're having a Valentine's Do-Over tomorrow. After I get out of class, we're going to Graze for dinner...I can't wait! The promise of chicken lips and a pear martini will help me through my painful three hour fiction seminar tomorrow afternoon...hopefully.

Ugh. I can't believe that I thought the fiction seminar would be my favorite class. The reading load is so heavy and we have to write four page journal entries every week...in addition to a writing exercise, most weeks (this week was an exception, thank goodness). The pile of homework makes sense, since the class only meets on Mondays. The problem is that I'm so busy trying to keep up with my other classes and my job that I don't get around to the fiction homework until Sunday. As a result, I race through the readings and barely get the homework done; I don't feel adequately prepared for class discussions about the readings because I don't care about them! It doesn't help that we've been reading a lot of experimental fiction, which I don't particularly enjoy. I'm worried about my participation; I've barely said a word in class. I'm going to try really hard to throw in some opinions tomorrow.

Obviously, I need to get to work...but I'm so not in the mood! I'm sick of homework! I want to watch a movie or play WoW or make biscotti (the ingredients have been sitting in our cabinet for a week) or just go to sleep. I'm not even tired but I would rather go to sleep than do more homework. I wish we would get five feet of snow over night. I could use a snow day...or a snow week.

No comments:

Post a Comment