Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Craziness!

First round of workshopping today for my advanced essay class! After reading the first student's essay--a quirky narrative essay about his significant other's cat--I'm far less nervous about mine. I'm supposed to be working on my write-up of his essay right now, but I'm having trouble getting started....so here I am, wasting time. :) I'm not too worried about getting it done. It's only supposed to be about a page, and I don't have to leave for class until 2:00.

Well, this semester is in full swing and it has been craziness! I'm already falling behind the recommended schedule for my online classes...but just by a few days. I'm going to try to get caught up tonight. If not tonight, then tomorrow tonight. Thankfully, I found someone to take my P.M. shift so I won't have to work a double...yay! With as much homework as I have, I can't afford to work eight hours in a day...at least not in the middle of the week. I read for seven hours straight last night so I would be caught up in Pride and Prejudice for my 19th century lit class today. I didn't mind that so much...great book! It's so gratifying to read it after having seen the movie. First of all, I like picturing the actors as I read because I think they all portrayed the characters wonderfully. And every five pages, I'm going "so THAT'S what Elizabeth was thinking when she did that!" Like right after Mr. Darcy's horrible proposal. The movie can't really tell you what's going on in her head, since she doesn't talk to anyone about it. And of course there are all the minor scenes and details that were left out of the movie for the sake of time. Anyway...loving the book--definitely going to read it again in the future. And as soon as I have a few spare hours in the next week, I'm going to rent the movie because I'm so in the mood to watch it now!

Yesterday was our half-year anniversary. :) Of course I was so busy that I didn't remember until today, and Jordan slept most of the day because he worked the night before. Oh well. I can't believe it's been six months! People that haven't seen me for a while are still asking "how's married life?"...lol. Well, it's good. Being married hasn't changed us much--we were very happy before we were married and we're very happy now--but I do feel that we're somehow closer than ever. And I love being Amy Locke. Jordan says he still isn't used to hearing it, but I've adjusted to my new name very well. After six months of signing it, typing it, and saying it (and correcting many people on the spelling and pronunciation...you'd be surprised at how many people say "Lockee"), it seems perfectly natural. Amy Landon just doesn't look right!

Okay, enough blogging. It is now noon, so I should probably try to get through this write-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment