Monday, December 21, 2009

Home Alone

Why am I never tired when I should be? I felt tired earlier today--I yawned every five seconds at work but now, at 1 a.m., I don't feel like going to bed at all...which means tomorrow's shift will be more of the same thing. Of course, even a full night's rest can't keep me from yawning my way through a morning shift at Applebees... /sigh

I finished my Christmas shopping tonight! All I had left were our gift exchange presents (both of our families do gift exchanges every year). That can be tricky--trying to pick out something that everyone will like and that's under $10--but I'm satisfied with what I found. While I was out, I bought two toys for the Applebee's toy drive. We're supposed to bring in a receipt to prove that we bought something over five dollars (its part of some contest with the other Applebees in our region)...and since I bought about fifty things at K-Mart and had a huge receipt, I thought I'd be cool and highlight the two toys on the list. Why didn't anyone tell me that a highlighter more or less erases the ink off a receipt? Obviously my manager will still be able to see how much the toys cost with simple addition and subtraction...but still, I feel kinda dumb. Oh well.

So, I'm home alone tonight. Bryant and Spencer both went home for Christmas already and Jordan is at work. It feels weird...maybe that's why I don't want to go to bed. Once I lay down in the dark, I'll probably start hearing odd noises that I would normally blame on someone else in the apartment...and then I'll remember that I'm alone and will proceed to freak myself out by imagining that someone broke in somehow. Yep. Maybe I'll make use of that lovely sleep feature on my TV... I really need to try to get to bed. After I get off work tomorrow, Jordan and I are going to try to catch a matinee of Avatar in 3D, and I don't want to be all sleepy for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment