Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Possibly my last blog of 2009.

I can't believe it's almost 2010! Craziness! This year went by so fast. Well, the second half, at least. Planning/anticipating our wedding made the first half seem like a year in itself. I hope all two of you reading this have lovely New Year's Eve celebrations. I'll be partying it up at Applebees. Whoo.

So, the mole on my collar bone is getting freakishly big and weirdly shaped. And yesterday, a dark spot appeared on part of it. I wish next Thursday (my appointment at the U of I dermatologist office) would get here sooner. I want this thing off of me. In the meantime, I really need to increase my turtleneck/high-neck sweater collection. I keep wearing the same shirts over and over so I don't have to show my freak mole. /sigh. Jordan and I are going to the DHS office today to see if we qualify for IowaCare (health care program for people that can't get Medicaid)...because we don't have health insurance right now.

On to happier things. Christmas was great. Jordan and I were only able to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning together because of weird circumstances (him having to work on Christmas night and the weather being so awful)...but we had a lot of fun with his family. And I thoroughly enjoyed spending a few days at my parents' house. My big present this year was a keyboard (YAY!). It's not a full-sized keyboard--I think it's only 60-some keys...but that's okay. If it were any longer, it wouldn't fit in the perfect spot where it currently resides in our living room. I love it! I've played at least two hours every day since I've been back in Iowa City. Today, I'm going to go to West Music and buy some new piano books. I bought the book for Pride and Prejudice's soundtrack, but all the songs in it are really similar...so that's not doing it for me. Plus it has a bunch of weird time signatures that annoy me (7/8, 5/8, etc). Anyway. I wish I could have spent more time in Burlington...I miss my family. :( Jordan and I should move back in with my parents. Or just move to an apartment in Burlington. I could transfer to the Burlington Applebees...or better yet, get back my job at the Great Wall! lol.

Okay. I need to get off the computer. It's already almost 2:00 and we still need to go to the DHS office and turn in our rental applications for the Valley Forge apartment. Stupid errands. Why can't I ever just have a lazy day off work where I don't do anything productive? Maybe I should take some lessons from my husband...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment