Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm a professional procrastinator.

I finished my online classes on time! YAY! Phew! It was pretty close...I took my vocab building exam about five hours before the deadline, and I turned in my final short story for fiction writing five minutes before the deadline...seriously. Yeah, I'm pretty much a professional procrastinator.

And now, all I have left for the rest of the semester is a one page critique of a classmate's play (due tomorrow), a group wiki presentation to give Tuesday morning, and a 5-7 page paper, also due Tuesday morning. The first two things, no problem...but I don't even want to think about the paper. 5 pages isn't bad at all, but I'm so burnt out and sick of school that I want to put this paper off until the absolute last minute. Which means I'll probably be finishing it at 9 AM on Tuesday, forty-five minutes before it's due. I'm starting to wonder if I'm even capable of writing a paper thoughtfully and carefully, over several days' time. I'm in my fourth year of college and it hasn't happened yet...

So, what am I doing today instead of working on my paper? Making a cake! Strawberry, with vanilla frosting. Jordan picked the flavors. I don't think it occurred to him at the time, and I didn't think of it til just now, but they're the same flavors as our wedding cake that we fed to each other. Aww. That makes me smile. :) I'm waiting for the cake to cool so I can frost later...I think I'll go do some Christmas shopping in the meantime. I can't believe it's less than two weeks away...wasn't Thanksgiving like three days ago?! Feels like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment