Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stupid paper!

Uggghhhh...I hate this paper. And I haven't even started writing it yet. At the moment, I'm just taking notes on the random assortment of articles I have about sleep and memory. I know I said I was going to start it yesterday and finish it today...so much for that. (I did write my mythology paper last night, though!) I'm really worried that I won't make it to 8-10 pages. But I have eighteen articles in front of me, so if I can manage to talk about each one of them for half a page, I'll be golden. Much worse than the page requirement, though, is the fact that I have to use APA citation. Grr! I've been using MLA for four years--I know it, I like it. APA is stupid. APA is for psych majors. I'm not a fan.

I think I'm getting sick. My throat has been so sore and dry all day...and I've being sneezing five times more than usual. Perfect timing, eh? I'm sure being sick will really help me get through my all nighter cram sessions this week. /sigh.

I wish I could just skip this paper. It's 20% of my final grade...but that's not so bad. I'd be okay with a C. Too bad I have to complete ALL the coursework to get credit for the class. Boo. I guess I'll just have to write it. I'm going to continue dragging my feet a little longer though and fill out a survey.

Have you ever been afraid to get up and go to the bathroom? Yeah, at our house on South Garfield street. It was really old and had a bug problem...big nasty cockroach-looking-but-not bugs would come out at night. I was scared that if I got up to go to the bathroom, I'd step on one...or one would run up my leg.
Do you get any magazines in the mail? Nope.
How many websites do you have an account for? I think seven that I use regularly (3 of them are school related). I have half a dozen more that I haven't used in years, like photobucket and xanga.
Have you ever paid for any kind of online membership? No.
Do you try clothes on before you buy them? I always have to try on pants because it's so hard to find ones that fit me correctly. I only try on shirts half of the time.
Have you seen The Blindside? No.
What's the best movie you've seen this year? I don't know. I have seen very few movies so far this year.
Do you know how to fire a gun? No.
What would you do if you knew a robber was in your house? Wake up Jordan, call the police...probably lock our bedroom door and then lock us in the bathroom. We could always climb out the bathroom window...
Have you played the Sims 3 yet? Nope.
What's your favorite type of pizza? Pepperoni.
Do you have a favorite local pizza place? Nothing unique to the area--we always get Pizza Hut because it's half a block away.
Have you ever been afraid of falling in love? No.
How do you let someone know that you like them? Flirting, I guess.
Have you ever asked a friend to ask someone else out for you? No. I think that's silly. That's how Ryan Duncan asked me out in the sixth grade. And how he broke up with me, too. lol!
Who'd you last see in a tux? Nick and Ian.
Were you sad when Tim Urban got sent home on American Idol? I don't watch American Idol.
What about Jason Castro, 2 years ago? ...
Do you record any TV shows and watch them later? No.
Do you have difficulty pronouncing any words? Not really.
Would you rather take a shower or a bath? Shower.
How many times do you shower in a week? I shower every day...so seven.
What brand's your cell phone? Verizon.
Have you ever sexted? No.
How many contacts do you have? I dunno. My phone doesn't give me a number and I'm not going to go through and count them.
Do you have your own computer? Yeah.
Who would you want to have your back if things got tough? The people that already have my back.
Do you ever make up dumb words with your friends? Not really.
Have your friends ever given you answers to homework, last minute? Maybe in my high school math classes...I can't remember.
Have you ever dated someone who was real sportsy? Yeah.
Are you any good at writing? Yeah.
What's your favorite form of writing? Fiction.
What do you think about Lil Wayne? I don't really know anything about him.
Have you ever done something terrible, but took forever to feel bad? Don't think so.
Have you ever read Shakespeare? Yeah. A few of his plays, all of his sonnets.
How come no one knows what MGMT is? I dunno. How come people think they're super cool when they know bands that other people don't know?
What did you dream about last night? I don't remember.
Have you ever looked up the meaning to a dream? No.
Have you ever tried to change someone? Not really...not earnestly, at least.
Do you think that anyone currently has a crush on you? Besides hubby? I doubt it. Jordan thinks his friend Ben does, though.
What profession do you admire the most? The ones where people are actively putting themselves in danger, on a daily basis--firemen, soldiers, police officers, etc.
Have you ever made a fake profile, for any reason? No.
What's the hardest lesson you've ever had to learn? I don't know.
What are you wearing right now? Iowa sweatpants and my Cedar Point t-shirt.
Do you miss your ex? Yeah...even though it's been four years since we were together and I'm happily married now, I totally miss him. /sarcasm.
Have you ever questioned your sexuality? No.
If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why? I'd like to have a job secured for after graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment