Friday, January 15, 2010

Buying books sucks.

Buying books is definitely one of the worst things about being a student. They're so overpriced...and so hard to track down, too. I love that I can use my student ID card as a pseudo credit card, to buy my books now and pay for them later. I hate that I can only do that at the U of I's bookstore because they don't carry all the books that I need. Grr. So I bought one book today. I'm just going to wait til my student loan refund comes to buy the rest.

Now for some GOOD NEWS: my mole was benign. (We assumed it would be, since they said there was only a 2% chance it wasn't, but any possibility is still scary.) So that was relieving. AND Jordan and I were approved by Valley Forge. Yay! The approval came at a semi-bad time...we have to pay the deposit ASAP, which is why I couldn't afford to buy all my books today. Nonetheless, I'm really excited! It's hard to believe that we're really going to have Crosby with us again. I wish we could move now.

I'm so annoyed with Applebees...one of the managers misplaced my new availability form, so when a different manager made the schedule, she scheduled me according to my old availability. (This sort of thing is bound to happen when you have four managers.) They apologized and said that it would be fixed by the following schedule...but it was too late to change next week's. I found someone to cover one of the three shifts, but there's no one who can cover the other two. So I'm going to work until 1:30 at the absolute latest on those days, then drive straight downtown so I can get to my class by 2:30. Ugh.

Wow. I just listened to a recording my mom sent me of Grant playing a Chopin nocturne for a recital last semester...and it's incredible. I can't imagine being able to play like that! My brothers are so stinking talented, it amazes me that we're related sometimes, lol. Okay, I'm off to make supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment