Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm a bad student.

I'm being a bad student and skipping my first class today because it's too cold and windy out. The wind chill is 7 below zero...come on! Besides, this is my easy 19th century lit class with the nice professor that gives us four free unexcused absences. I'm going to go to my next class at 5:30, the scary essay workshop, because I have a writing exercise to turn in. So now I have three lovely hours to relax, actually eat lunch for once, and get ahead on homework. And I really need to get ahead, since I'm working double shifts on Friday and Saturday.../sigh.

In other news, I got a new haircut! It's just a few inches shorter with short, choppy layers. It's very cute when straightened...not so cute when it isn't. So I'm getting up five minutes earlier from now on to straighten my hair every morning. Every morning when I have to go out in public, at least.

My classes are going pretty well. As I predicted, the essay workshop is going to be the toughest...though my online class on human memory is a close second. Classical Mythology and 19th century lit are both going to be super easy, but there's quite a bit of reading in both. The latter has a great reading list with several books I've always wanted to read--we're starting Pride and Prejudice on Thursday! My fiction seminar is going to be challenging, but fun. I love the TA. To my surprise, she's only asking for two short stories, and only one story will get workshopped in class. The rest of the assignments will be short writing exercises. Anyway...time to justify skipping class by getting a head start on Pride and Prejudice. Pfft, whose a bad student? Not me...

No comments:

Post a Comment