Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Uh oh.

Wow...remember back in the summer, when I thought my classes all sounded so scary? Pretty sure this semester is going to be ten times scarier. The syllabuses for three of my five classes are up on ICON, and I am super intimidated. I already know it's going to be a huge challenge to stay on top of my online classes. They are WAY more demanding than the two I took last semester...quizzes every week, multiple papers and essays...yikes. And my advanced essay writing workshop...oh boy. We're only graded on four things: two workshop essays (each worth 20%), a final project (30%), and class participation (30%). So, failure at any of these is not an option. And if that's not scary enough, there are no free absences. I'm actually going to have to attempt perfect attendance for once. :( I guess it's fitting that my last semester as an undergrad will be the most challenging...I just hope it goes by as fast as the fall semester did.

This has been a rather stressful week for me. I've screwed up my work schedule multiple times by asking for the wrong day off or not putting a request in early enough. (Luckily, the manager that handles the schedule likes me and has fixed most of the problems I've caused.) Then on top of the mole removal and waiting for a call from the hospital/waiting to find out if we get an apartment at Valley Forge/waiting to find out if we get approved for IowaCare (yep, getting pretty sick of waiting), I got in my first car accident on Sunday. My wheels/brakes locked up on the un-plowed road outside the mall and I slid into another car. The guy I hit was actually quite nice, especially once he saw how frazzled I was. And I was very frazzled. No one ever tells you what to do if you hit someone. I'm glad he knew what information to get from me, because I was pretty much clueless and just handed him all the insurance-related crap I could find in my glove compartment. Ugh. Well, my insurance company is covering up to $1500 in damages to his car, so hopefully that's enough.

Hmm...sorry for all the negativity. Something positive: I stopped drinking pop! And I'm trying to eat healthier. All the Christmas candy is semi-sabotaging me, so I'm trying to get Jordan to eat more of it, lol. There's a bag of spinach in my fridge...and I'm actually eating it! And having salmon and rice several times a week (definitely healthier than our usual hamburger helper and chicken alfredo). This wasn't an intentional New Year's resolution...I just realized that I've been gaining weight, and felt motivated to stop. It's not that I think I'm fat or anything, I just want to be healthier. And I would be really sad if I stopped fitting into my favorite jeans that I've only had for a few months! Okay...enough blogging for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment