Friday, January 29, 2010

What was I thinking?

WHY did I sign up for an advanced essay workshop? Such a bad, bad idea... I am freaking out. I didn't know that we would have so little guidance...it's just "write an essay! And it better be fantastic!" I have no idea what I'm going to write about. I think the best essayists are not just great writers, but very opinionated. You know, the kind of people that have strong beliefs and enjoy sharing/ranting about them. Like my husband. I, on the other hand, am usually too timid to be controversial. I'm thinking of taking the easy way out (well, what would be the easy way out for me) and writing about a piece of literature. But I don't know how well that would work out. I'd sort of like to write about music because I'm passionate about it, but I don't know what about it, in particular. /sigh. I just need to brainstorm for a few more days. We start workshopping next week, but my turn isn't until the 23rd (thankfully I happened to be on the right side of the room when we signed up for time slots). Eleven people are going before, so hopefully hearing other people's essays will spark some inspiration.

I should go to bed. I worked a double today and I work another one tomorrow...so sleep would be a good thing. Applebees is giving me way too many shifts lately...I ask for three per week and they give me five because they're so short on hosts right now. Grr. I'll have to quit if they keep piling extra shifts on me like this. Maybe I'll work up the courage to say that to my manager tomorrow... Well, totally not in the mood to sleep...but I guess I should give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment