Saturday, March 6, 2010

Freakout!

Wow...I have eight weeks left of classes (nine, counting finals week). /freakout. I'm really excited to graduate so I can start a real job (assuming that I'll be able to find one) and start preparing for MFA programs...but part of me is going to miss being an undergrad. I feel like I didn't do enough. My first five semesters of college just felt like jumping through hoops. It wasn't until last spring that I felt like I was actually getting something out of my classes. And this year has been great. I've made so much progress as a writer, thanks to the fabulous creative writing track (http://spectator.uiowa.edu/2010/february/wordplay.html).

Ya know what's funny, though? I have NO CLUE what kind of writer I want to be. I always thought I wanted to be a fiction writer...and I thought being an English major would only solidify that ambition. It definitely hasn't. Instead, I've discovered that I love playwriting and creative nonfiction as much as fiction. So I don't know what I'm going to do when it comes time to apply for MFA programs...

LAST NIGHT OF WORK TONIGHT! WHOO! I thought they would schedule me through next week, too (I told them they could), but they didn't. Probably a good thing, since I'm now a month behind in my two online classes (eek). Catching up shouldn't be too hard, though--it's mostly just online quizzes I need to take. Okay, time to get ready for work. I really hope no one makes a big deal about it being my last night...I'm not in the mood to pretend like I'm going to miss working there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment