Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thanks, tax return!

I splurged on a new journal today. It's one of those big leather ones from Barnes and Noble that they keep in plastic, with this cool typewriter/letters pattern on the cover. I've been eyeing it for months and, thanks to our hefty tax return, finally felt okay with dropping $35 for it. It's been a few years since I've been able to keep up with a journal...I have a bad habit of starting them and then stopping after half a dozen entries. Since this one is so nice, I'm going to force myself to fill it up. That being the case, I probably won't be stopping by to blog as much. Obviously not a big deal, since no one actually reads this thing. :)

This has been the laziest Sunday I've had in a while. I slept til noon, played the keyboard for an hour, ran a few errands in Coralville, and haven't touched my homework. It's 6:00 and I haven't touched my homework!! I usually get up at 9:00 on Sundays to start working on it. I just feel so much more relaxed about it now that I quit my job. I know that I'll have all of Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to catch up in my online classes...and BONUS POINTS, all of spring break! Besides, I don't have any papers or stories due this week...just the usual reading and minor writing assignments.

And now I'm going to continue ignoring my homework for a bit longer so I can make supper. I found this great chili recipe on the back of a dried soup box...so easy, it's like making hamburger helper. Brown the meat, throw some crap in, let it simmer for twenty minutes, then deliciousness! Jordan loves it--he's so excited for supper tonight, it's adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment