Thursday, March 11, 2010

The sweetest thing...

I'm up right now because I was doing homework...but then I got bored with my homework and started finding ridiculous ways to distract myself: rereading angsty-teenage-romance-drama emails from half a decade ago (am I the only weirdo that saves emails for years?) and going through old documents buried in the "Random Crap" folder on my desktop. Through all this ridiculousness, I found something lovely: one of the Windows Messenger conversations that Jordan and I had when we first met...before we started dating, but when we were into each other enough to chat online all night. I've reread this conversation many times over the past three and a half years, but there's one part that always gets me:

"From the first time I saw you, I just knew I had to try. Heh, I've never really put an effort toward getting to know someone as well as I have with you. But like I said, I couldn't take my eyes off you all night when you were here for the first time. There is just something about you. Then just talking to you then...later...and now. There doesn't seem to be one thing wrong with you Amy. Something I'd think to be so damn unrealistic is completely blown away by you."

A few lines later, I tell my future husband: "I'm glad I met you."

No comments:

Post a Comment