Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to school, back to school...

Classes start in twelve days. BOO.

Although I'm excited about the creative writing track program, I'm more nervous than anything. When I found out that I was being put in the playwriting section, I told myself that I would spend the whole summer teaching myself how to write a play. Unfortunately, planning my wedding, moving, and working 20-30 hours a week at Applebees kind of ruined that plan. So in twelve days, I'm going to walk into an advanced, reportedly "rigorous" playwriting class without knowing the first thing about writing a play. Can I go back in time to last semester and take intro to playwriting, please? That would be fantastic. My only comfort is the knowledge that there will probably be others in the class with the same dilemma, since the poetry and fiction sections filled up so fast. Well, that, and the fact that I'm guaranteed a spot in the fiction section next semester. :)

None of my other classes are worrying me at all. The only other class that I have on campus is Prose by Women Writers. I'm taking my other classes--Fiction Writing and Word Power: Building English Vocabulary--online. I'm really looking forward to both of those.

All this talk about going back to school makes me want to relax and waste my time with a nice long survey.

Are you ready for a long survey that actually has some new questions?
I wouldn’t be wasting my time on it if I wasn’t!

Who last texted you?
Jazmine from work. Not a very new question…lol

Have you kissed someone in 09 that means a lot to you?
Just my husband. I guess he counts. lol

What does the song you're listening to remind you of? What song is it?
I’m not listening to a song…my ipod is in Burlington 

Is there someone who you instantly smile when you receive a message from?
Yep.

Name something you dislike about the day you're having
I wasn’t able to talk to my manager about changing the name on my paychecks.

Are you disappointed in anyone?
Not really.

If you are being extremely quiet what does that mean?
Unless I’m with people I’m very comfortable with, that’s rather typical of me. It just means I don’t feel like talking.

What were you doing at 3am this morning?
Sleeping.

Do you have a friend you can tell stuff to and you’re sure they won’t tell anyone?
Yes.


Will this weekend be a good one?
Not really…I’m working the whole time.

How many tattoos would you get?
Just one, though I’ll probably never even get one at all.

What is the latest you've stayed up in the past week?
2:30.

Do you like being around a large group of friends, or a best friend?
A best friend.

Where’s your phone right now?
In my purse.

Is there a night you would like to put on repeat, and live it forever?
Definitely the wedding. I was just thinking that today!

Have you ever fallen asleep while texting someone?
Yeah.

Who was your last missed call from?
I don’t know.

What woke you up this morning?
Jordan coming to bed.

Could you date someone taller than you?
Well, I’ve never dated anyone shorter than me…with the exception of Ryan in the sixth grade. And we were twelve, so I don’t really count that as “dating” anyway.

Next time you will kiss someone?
Very soon. 

Did you have any unread text messages this morning when you woke up?
Nope.

Have you ever kissed someone that's name started with a 'B'?
Yeah.

Is there anyone that hates you right now?
I don’t think so. If anyone does, they’re keeping it to themselves.

Have you ever woke up next to someone and wanted to puke?
No lol.

If someone liked you, what would be the best way for them to tell you?
Just say it. Even the most obvious signs can be misleading, so I think it’s best to be straight forward.

Are you looking forward to anything?
Seeing Wicked in October!

Was your last kiss a mistake?
No! I haven’t had a “mistake kiss” in years.

When's your birthday?
November 24.

Do you like surprises?
If they’re nice ones 

Would you rather your partner have gorgeous eyes or a gorgeous smile?
Eyes.

Is it easy to make you smile?
Yeah.

Did anyone see you kiss the last person you kissed?
Nope.

What color is your toothbrush?
Green.

Have you ever had a black and white cat?
No, I’ve never had a cat.

Last time you had someone cook for you?
Sunday.

Are there pickles in your refrigerator?
Yeah.

When did you last cry?
The wedding.

Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry?
No.

What are the last 2 digits of your phone number?
37

How many times have you been to the ER for yourself?
Once, when Matt pushed me into a rocking chair and cracked my head open.

Do you do your own laundry?
Yeah.

How many months until your birthday?
Three. Geez, that snuck up on me! I can’t believe I’m almost twenty-two already.

Could you go out in public looking like you do now?
Yeah.

What's one thing you want more than anything in your life?
Peace and happiness.

Last person you gave something to?
My bridesmaids and other various people in the wedding party.

What was the last movie you watched and when?
Catch and Release on Sunday night.

Do you believe that if you want something bad enough, you'll get it?
Not really. Just wanting something usually isn’t enough—you have to put forth some kind of effort.

What is the last nonalcoholic beverage you had?
Iced Mocha from McDonald’s.

Do you get distracted easily?
Not really.

Do you know how to change the oil in your car?
No. I should probably learn, huh?

Is your handwriting large, tiny, or pretty normal?
Pretty normal.

Are you currently listening to a song?
No.

Do you own any kind of yellow clothing?
Yeah. One yellow sweater.

Tell me a story about a scar you have.
On a canoe trip one year, Danielle was trying to pull me out of the water and up onto a really big rock. My knee was underneath part of the rock and she pulled me up before I could move it. A very bloody mess ensued.

Do you think you'll ever be in love?
I am and I plan to stay that way.

Are you easily confused?
Sometimes.

Did you know that you have to be 18 to buy duct tape or white out now?
Really? What’s wrong with duct tape?

If you didn't already, would you have liked to lived in the 80s?
Nah.

Do you tease your hair?
No.

Do you even know how to (CORRECTLY) tease your hair?
I know how to tease it, but probably not correctly.

Is it hard to wake you up in the morning?
Only if I didn’t get enough sleep.

Are you a bitch when you're woken up?
Not really.

Would you ever get a tramp stamp?
No.

Wouldn't you rather make your own holes in your jeans, than buy them?
Yes, but jeans with holes in them aren’t really my thing.

Do you like the smell of gasoline?
Kinda.

Don't you think panda bears look like you could go up and hug them?
Yeah. I feel that way about most animals, though.

Did you ever see the movie Free Willy?
A long time ago.

What is the thing you laughed hardest at recently?
I can’t remember specifically. Something Jordan said/did.

Your ex is driving next to you, what do you do?
It depends on which ex it is. Some of them I would wave to…some of them I would ignore.

Where is your significant other at the moment?
Behind me, at his computer.

What is the last thing you spent money on?
Iced mocha.

If you had to sleep with one of your teachers who would it be?
Eww. I haven’t met any of them for the upcoming semester, anyway.

Congratulations! You just had a daughter! What's her name?
Leah Elizabeth Locke

Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted?
No.

Would you be up for some shopping right now?
Yes.


What movie do you know every line to?
Ever After. Maybe Beauty and the Beast, too.

Are you an impatient person?
Not really.

Do you think before you speak?
Yes.

What does the oldest text message in your inbox say?
I erased my inbox yesterday…my phone only holds 100 new messages.

What was the last song you sang outloud?
I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment