Friday, August 7, 2009

The Honeymoon's Over!

I think I'm having a small case of wedding-planning-withdrawals. After a year of carefully selecting flowers and colors and flavors, it's over in one day. /sigh. Nonetheless, I was so happy with how everything turned out. It was perfect!

Unfortunately, our honeymoon wasn't quite as perfect. We got lost in Ohio and didn't make it to our Bed and Breakfast until 10:00. By that time, all the nice, cute little restaurants were closed, so we begrudgingly had Arby's. Cedar Point was amazing--SO MUCH FUN! However, it was way too hot and sunny on the day that we rode all the roller coasters, and way too cloudy and cold on the day that went to Soak City (the water park inside Cedar Point). Poor Jordan...his neck and arms got so tan from the first day; he was all ready to get his back and stomach equally tan at the water park, but the sun wouldn't come out. Then tere was this really cute restaurant/gift shop that I wanted to go to called The Cheesehaven, about a mile away from our B&B. They just so happen to be closed on Mondays AND Tuesdays, so were didn't get to go...boo. We also got lost leaving Ohio. Go figure.

There were so definite high points, though. The B&B was gorgeous! Breakfast was fantastic and we loved our room (especially the private jacuzzi!). As part of our romance package, we received a bottle of very tasty sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries, and one-hour massages for each of us. The massage was heavenly. I was so sore after riding Cedar Point's biggest wooden roller coaster, The Mean Streak (I don't recommend it. It was so bumpy that it was impossible to enjoy the ride. I felt like my bones were going to tear out of my skin.); the massage definitely eased the pain. It was also incredibly relaxing. Jordan won me two stuffed animals at the Cedar Point (one cute one and one not-so-cute one). One was from some toss-a-ball game, and one was from The Guessing Game. They guessed Jordan's age at seventeen (you have to be within two years of the actual age...in other words, they thought he could be as old as nineteen or as young as fifteen), lol! He took off his wedding ring before going up, but I don't think they would have noticed it if he had left it on. On the way home, we stopped at a Cracker Barrel for supper (which I had been craving for the whole honeymoon), and my sweetiepie husband let me relax and sleep while he drove the whole eight hours.

The honeymoon was great, but we're happy to be home.
The wedding was fantastic, but we're just happy to be married. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment