Friday, November 27, 2009

Feeling nostalgic...

Well, Thanksgiving was lovely...but too short. :( We stayed at my parents' house Wednesday night and part of Thanksgiving Day, which was great, but I wish we could have stayed longer. I miss helping Mom decorate the tree (a day after Thanksgiving tradition)...I miss the old Christmas cds she always blasts while doing it...I miss warming up leftover corn casserole! /sigh. I'm feeling very nostalgic right now. And very resentful toward Applebees. Double shift today, double shift tomorrow. Blah. I've officially decided that I'm going to quit around January 15th, right before spring semester starts. I haven't officially told any of my managers yet...but I'm working on it.

Speaking of spring semester, I've finally finished registering for classes--my LAST semester of classes (as a undergrad, at least)...YAY! It was slightly nerve-racking without an advisor walking me through the process, but I think I did okay. As far as I can tell, I'm right on track to graduate in May. And if I screwed up somehow and end up a couple credits short...oh well. It won't kill me to take a summer class. Anyway, here's my schedule:

Monday--Writing Track Seminar: Fiction, 12:30-3:20
Tuesday/Thursday--European Lit. of the 19th Century, 2:30-3:45. Undergraduate Essay Workshop, 5:30-6:45.
Online classes--Classical Mythology, Human Memory.

I hope my online classes aren't too difficult. I needed some non-English classes (I'm dangerously close to the maximum 50 English credits...if you go over 50, the hours don't count toward your degree) and those two were the most appealing. I'm really excited for 19th century European lit--there's a bunch of novels on the reading list that I've always wanted to read but never have.

I'm a tad nervous for my essay workshop...I needed an advanced writing class to graduate from the creative writing track, and the pickings were very slim. I almost signed up for a fiction workshop, but I didn't for two reasons: 1) you have to turn in a short story as an application on the first day of classes...if they don't like it, you're out of the class. Although I don't think this would have been a problem for me, I didn't want to deal with the possibility of not being accepted then having to scramble to find a different class to take. 2) I'm taking the creative writing track's fiction seminar, which is rigorous enough. Taking an advanced fiction workshop at the same time would be really stupid. So, I'm giving the essay workshop a shot. I've never taken a nonfiction writing class before...should be interesting. I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

OKAY, I think that's enough rambling for today. I have an hour and a half before I have to go back to work, so I think I'm going to get cozy with some tomato soup and watch the Food Network. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment