Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I thought things were getting better...

But they just got worse.

The professor for my writing house seminar returned the paper that I wrote last week on Dora Malech's book of poems...she wrote me a note saying it was an elegant, specific study and I did excellent work. HOWEVER, I forgot to hand in the creative portion of the project. ... So, I speak to her after class today (our last class, since we're on a compressed schedule) to ask her what she means: isn't the creative response paper due to your mailbox tomorrow? As it turns out, we weren't supposed to do a 5-7 page study on one author and then a 3-4 page creative response on another...We're supposed to do both, for two authors. So two 8-12 page two-part papers. And I KNOW I'm not the only one who misunderstood the very vague syllabus, because she had to clarify the same thing to someone else right after me.

So. Why does this suck so bad? Because I thought I only had to write a 3-4 page paper tonight. Not only does that paper actually have to be at least twice as long, but I also have to add on 3-4 pages to last week's paper. And all of it is due tomorrow at 4:30. AND I have to work tomorrow morning...so really, it has to be done by 10:00 tomorrow morning. I never use this acronym and it always annoys me how flippantly people use (and overuse) it...but it seems appropriate right now: FML.

Did I mention that all this is for a TWO CREDIT, PASS/FAIL class?! It's ridiculous that they expect so much for so little. In all the three credit, standard grading scale English classes I've taken, I've never had to write two papers that were each over 8 pages in length. It's always two medium papers...or a small paper, then a bigger one...as I thought was the case for this class. GRR! SO MUCH FOR SLEEPING TONIGHT. I guess I should stop venting and go get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment