Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm twenty-two! Yay?

So, today was my birthday. Pretty good day, all in all. Jordan and I slept in til 10:30...felt so good! I opened my presents immediately after waking up because I'm a grown-up and I'm allowed to do that (remembering back to my childhood, my parents would make us wait until after supper to open presents...torture, lol). Jordan got me this amazing 4-in-1 printer: printer, scanner, copier, and fax all in one. It's super fancy...and gigantic. It takes up the entire top of my bookshelf. He also got me a cute little Betty Crocker cookbook. Him and his practical gifts...haha. But they were two things that I really needed and I really love! My birthday fun was put on pause for a couple hours when Jordan got a nasty migraine that drove him under the covers. :( It was probably a good thing, though...I actually got some stuff done during that time. I did the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and went out to Carissa's to walk the pups. Shortly after I got back home, Jordan was feeling better. :) We went out for a late lunch/early supper at Okoboji Grille. It was amazing--gooey, delicious mac and cheese (complete with hard-boiled egg "flowers" as garnish...that's what the cooks apparently decided to do when our server told them it was my birthday!), a caramel macchiato, and a free hot fudge sundae. YUM. If I wasn't stuffed enough from all that, Carissa took me out to The Olive Garden a couple hours later for soup, salad, breadsticks, and peach sangrias. :) Overall, it was a low-key but fabulous birthday.

Tomorrow we're heading to Burlington in the afternoon. I'm so excited to see my parents and my brothers! And the dogs!! I'm glad we're going home before Thanksgiving...I want to spend some time with my immediate family before all of our extended family comes. The house is going to be packed--in addition to my parents, brothers, and sister-in-law, there will be my grandparents, four uncles, two aunts, one uncle's girlfriend, three cousins, and two or three second cousins. It's been a while since we've had so many people come for Thanksgiving! I'm excited. I wish we could stay all day Thursday, but Jordan and I have to leave at 2:30 so we can have Thanksgiving with some of his family, too. He thinks we're going to be able to eat a little bit at each dinner...but I don't see that happening! I love my mom's various casseroles too much to hold back. I'm slightly depressed that we have to be back Thursday night because of our work schedules...but what can ya do. I'm happy that we both have Wednesday off, at least.

Mmk, here's a stupid survey.

Have you ever been heartbroken? Yeah. Not beyond repair, though.
What is your favorite color sharpie? I like the classic black ones. Or green.
Do you have a band you are absolutely obsessed with? Not really.
Do you prefer iTunes or Windows Media Player? I like winamp, actually. Between those two, I guess iTunes.
How many best friends do you have? Four, when I count my husband and my mom.
Is there anyone who is like your other half? Yep.
Have you ever felt like you completely wasted your time on someone? Oh yes.
Do promises mean anything to you? Of course.
Does your mood change whenever it rains? Sometimes. It's never JUST because of the rain, though. It's because the rain either complements or ruins what I want to do that day.
Have you ever seen a Colorado sunrise? I believe I have. I can't remember very well, though. I was only twelve or thirteen when I was there.
Which band is better [in your opinion]: Aiden or Saliva? I don't know either of those bands.
Have you ever fell going up the stairs? Yep.
Do you have someone who is like an escape for you? Yes.
Have you ever had to remind yourself to breathe? I don't believe so.
How good are your math skills? Not very good...but not completely horrible. I passed the one college math class I had to take (with a C+), so they could be worse.
Do you ever wish you could be the opposite sex for a day? Not sincerely. Maybe more like five minutes...just long enough to get a sense of what it feels like.
Is there someone who you'll always have feelings for? Yes.
Do you believe in the beauty of people's dreams? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Dream as in goals/aspirations, or as in what you do when you're asleep?
What inanimate object could easily be your best friend? [tv, fridge, etc] Computer. Or coffee maker.
How often do you cry? Not very often, though it varies, depending on what's going on in my life. For example, I've cried more than usual in the past couple of months because I've been so stressed out.
Where do you see yourself in five years? I bet we'll have a baby by then. I'll probably have my masters by then...maybe I'll be teaching creative writing somewhere, or working for a magazine. Or I'll have a completely random job and will be working on a fabulous novel in my free time, lol.
Is there anyone who puts a smile on your face as soon as you see them? Yep--several people. And animals.
Do you turn to alcohol when times are tough? No.
Have you ever seen a black rose? Only in pictures.
Would you be willing to wait for someone? You should be more specific.
What is your favorite country song? Meh. I dunno. I like Come Home Soon because Carissa and I sang it in high school.
What is the most played song on your playlist? I dunno.
Are you one to constantly seek revenge? No. I'm really not one to ever seek revenge, let alone constantly.
What do you think of the band Cute Is What We Aim For? Don't know anything about them.
Do you make or avoid eye contact? Depends on the situation. At work, I make eye contact. When I'm walking on the street or any random public place, I tend to avoid it. I also avoid it when I'm nervous.
How often do you feel like giving up on everything? If everything literally means everything, never.
If you could dye your hair any color, what would it be? I can dye it any color...and I choose to keep it brown. Now if you were asking if I could permanently change my hair color (without the annoyance of having to re-dye it repeatedly), I might change it to very dark brown...I think that is so pretty when it's natural. Or auburn--also very pretty when it's natural.
What does your favorite bodywash smell like? Sweet peas and violet.
How many people do you fully trust? Three for sure. Perhaps a few more.
Is there someone in your life you think you'd be better off without? No.
How many times have you been played by the opposite sex? Not something I have a running count of...but more than once.
Would you rather listen to opera music or heavy metal? Opera.
Clowns are creepy: true or false? They can be. Generally, they don't bother me.
How many times in a relationship have you said i love you and not meant it? Not very many. Maybe a few, in some of my shorter relationships.
How many times have you meant it? Thousands.
Do you ever feel unbeautiful? Yeah.
How often do you just fall apart? Not very often. Like how often I cry, this is relative to what is going on in my life.
Have you ever felt like it was you against the world? Oh, a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment