Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One thing down...thirteen to go.

I survived the preparation group panel crap! Yay! I had a nervous knot in my stomach all day and even contemplated skipping out. That's how much I hate speaking in class when I feel ill-prepared. But I forced myself to go...not fulfilling a key requirement in a pass/fail class would probably be grounds for a fail. Miraculously, I managed to not make a fool of myself and actually made a few good points about the poem I brought up. I felt compelled to reward myself with a double shot caramel macchiato from t-spoons.

So, glad that's over with. Now I only have about a billion things left to do before the semester ends!
-Playwriting seminar: Final project--a one act play, 20-25 pages...not due til finals week
-Writer's House seminar: Dora Malech reflection paper, 5-7 pages...due tomorrow. Creative response paper to any guest author, 3-4 pages...due next Thursday. I wish the page number requirements for these two papers were switched...
-Fiction writing: Three more short stories to turn in by finals week.
-Vocab building: Midterm to take this Friday (lol...I'm a little behind in this class), three more assignments, and a final. This class is worrying me the most because my assignments have to go through the mail. It takes a little longer...and I'm not allowed to take my final until all my assignments have been graded and returned to me. Hopefully I'll be able to finish everything in four weeks.
-Prose of Victorian Women Writers: complete VicWik (Victorian Wiki) website on Charlotte Bronte, due...soon? I should figure that out.... And a 5-7 page compare/contrast paper, due finals week.

Did I say a billion things? I meant thirteen. That's not so bad, right? All that seems perfectly do-able in four and a half weeks (with the exception of my vocab building class...which only seems somewhat do-able).

My mom bought me the movie Sense and Sensibility. I am SO in the mood to make some hot chocolate, curl up with a blanket and watch it right now. As lovely as that sounds, that would be a very bad choice. I think I'll save it for my Friday night slumber party with Jack and Suki. :)

I'm following the examples of my noble blog followers and NOT posting a survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment